Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 09:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

New Deal For S.R. 56 On Its Way To Commissioners (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/aug/09/pa-new-deal-for-sr-56-on-its-way-to-commissioners/?news-pasco - broken link)

In '05 I bought a house in Meadow Point and was told that ST Rd 56 would be extended pretty soon and it would add so much value to my property....I sold the property in '05 and ever since it only has been a selling argument of builders and realtors to sell properties in this area.....

I would like to see this road extended just like any one else, but if you read this article it "might" be happening in 2010 but if they have no fundes they might postpone it again, just they have in the past.
I remember one person writing on this forum and it was a while ago that he ahd lived here all his life and heard for many years about this road and would believe it when the road was put in and finished...and that person was totally right....right now the shop owners at The shoppes at New Tampa who should have easy excess to St RD 56 are probable have to sue to get their way and we are talking about a small piece of road to get access to that part....

With the property taxes going down because of many people buying homes they couldn't afford and/or getting ARM's...lines of credit to buy luxurious boats, Suv's, fitness equipment and more....and now getting foreclosures...we all are finding ourselfs the victim of many of these peoples and lenders lack of responsibility.....because of this the values went down and there isn't enough money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
I built there in 2000 and they had the money then and soon transfered the funds to SR52 for development that never occurred. Then the monies where there from the builders and that never materialized. But during that entire time SR54 was expanded eastward through parts of Pasco Co. where only cattle lived and CR56 couldn't be extended for 5 miles!! Hmmm, sounds like miss-management or incompetency. I'll believe that there's a road there when I drive on it. Glad I moved in 2006 to Hillsbourgh County.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:40 AM

How many bought over there because of the maps of the extension were provided by the builders sales rep. and the realtors who are all telling everybody this, as if it is 100% done deal....which again is proven not a done deal at all.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:45 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
MP has suffered so much from the housing drop. We had many people move in that had no idea how and what to do for upkeep of a home and finally lost the home

Old 08-09-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
MP has suffered so much from the housing drop. We had many people move in that had no idea how and what to do for upkeep of a home and finally lost the home
I know I have seen a few beautiful homes that were trashed by the owners before walking away, or who are still in there. But over all it is very nice community...even better when the road will befinished and it will be better for St Rd 54 too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: