Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:37 PM

74 posts, read 120,666 times

Advertisements

Something that has taken me over half a century to learn. Enjoyment has more to do with your state of mind than what you are doing or where you are. You have to want to have fun to have fun. A cliche' phrase that is very true is this: enjoy yourself! In the end, it is you enjoying being you. When you enjoy being you the ones with you will enjoy you, too.

All the parks have more than enough going for them to give you great memories. I advise you to not worry about seeing everything and doing everything. It's impossible anyway. Don't wear yourself out. Relax. Find the fun and have fun. Make it fun for those you are with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Disney does not advertise itself as a park for thrill seekers. It advertises itself as a place to make long lasting memories. Its hard to remember a ride at 60+ miles per hour!LOL

Again, neither park caters to the same crowd. So as far as I am concerned I don't compare the two parks. For example the reason we liked Sea World also (ASIDE from Disney), was because of the water shows, Shamu etc, not something I expect to see at Disney. So it is a moot point to compare these parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampagator89 View Post
I give Disney credit for being a special place for children and parents, but if you're in the "thrill seeker" age group there really isn't anything to do there except Space Mountain. At least Busch Gardens has a children's area, some water rides, and a couple of children's roller coasters along with all of those coasters for adults. In that regard, despite Disney's size and popularity, BG is a more well-rounded park.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:12 PM

Simple; Disney offers 4 parks (plus the water parks/downtown Disney/Fort Wilderness/Camping etc).

You have 1 Busch Gardens, and 1 Sea World in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Well then I geuss it's sad for me then. Because I just don't get how Disney thinks it's tickets are worth so much more than everyone elses.

I don't see the value at all , when you compare it other theme parks in the area.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Simple; Disney offers 4 parks (plus the water parks/downtown Disney/Fort Wilderness/Camping etc).

You have 1 Busch Gardens, and 1 Sea World in Florida.
More is not better to me. I'd rather go to one really exciting park with a bunch of thrill rides than 4 parks with mostly kiddie rides and a few adult rides built 20 or 30 years ago.

And that's if the cost was even. Never mind the fact that the annual ticket price for Disney is about 5 times as expensive as Busch Gardens.

Like I said, I just don't see the value for the money.

I get that most people want to go experience Disney once. I did too just to see what all the fuss was about. But, after that, I had no desire to go back. If there was real value and real fun there, i'd have been back by now. simple as that. I've been to BG about 20 times since I moved to Florida. I've been to Disney once.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 PM

Like I said, Disney is not for everyone, just like BG is not for everyone. We ave 3 kids into kiddie rides. for us the cost of the annual passes is more than worth it compared with what we get.

A lot more to choose from compared to BG. Went once to BG, and that was enough to not want to go again. We'd go to Sea World again, but not BG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
More is not better to me. I'd rather go to one really exciting park with a bunch of thrill rides than 4 parks with mostly kiddie rides and a few adult rides built 20 or 30 years ago.

And that's if the cost was even. Never mind the fact that the annual ticket price for Disney is about 5 times as expensive as Busch Gardens.

Like I said, I just don't see the value for the money.

I get that most people want to go experience Disney once. I did too just to see what all the fuss was about. But, after that, I had no desire to go back. If there was real value and real fun there, i'd have been back by now. simple as that. I've been to BG about 20 times since I moved to Florida. I've been to Disney once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay