Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 PM

11 posts, read 33,838 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved to Tampa 1 month ago and are renting from a family friend; however we just found out that she is suddenly moving back home at the beginning of November! Yikes!

My husband and I need to find a new place quickly. I need recommendations of locations/ apartments/ rental websites or companies, etc. I have looked on Craigslist and have driven around where we are currently living (near Hyde Park) for places with "For Rent" signs. I LOVE the area we live in right now because I have family and my workplace both about 10 minutes away with no traffic! But, it is my understanding that this area of Tampa is one of the more expensive areas, right?? So, we are willing to look outside of South Tampa if necessary. BUT, I really don't want to have more than a 30 minute drive into work (with traffic) if at all possible. (I work near the intersection of MLK & armenia Ave. 33607).

So far I have begun looking into rentals (apartments, condos, townhomes, etc.) in the following zip codes: 33609, 33629, 33611, and 33616. Any other zip codes that I should consider that are safe and possible less expensive? Or any specific rental property names that I should look into?? We are looking to pay no more than $700-$800 per month for a 1 or 2 bedroom. Doesn't have to be fancy, just safe.

THANK YOU for any suggestions of places to consider or to be wary of!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:34 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Check out The Cove off Wetshore Blvd just south of Euclid Avenue. Inexpensive 2 bedrooms for South Tampa, on the Bay, good neighborhood, very mixed apt community(professionals, blue collar, young and older)

Old 10-02-2008, 02:30 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times
Try these websites:
www.apartmentguide.com
www.rent.com
www.mynewplace.com
www.forrent.com
www.apartmentfinders.com
www.tbo.com

Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
The Cove is a little more than your price range for a 2 bd (955.00). but you are right on the bay. You can walk down and watch the sunsets over the bay. Most have washer/dryers in the apts. Great location.

There are small apts all around S. Tampa that you won't find on many websites. My DS lived in some on Himes (I think) near Dale Mabry that were nice on the inside, had a pool. The complex was small only 3 bldgs. The downside was the parking was behind the bldgs.

Here is a website that has a few listed but no $$
http://www.apartmentcities.com/Tampa...Apartments.asp

You might want to check out Davis Island too - 33606 zip
http://www.apartmentcities.com/Tampa...Apartments.asp

Last edited by Keeper; 10-02-2008 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: