Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,789 times

Advertisements

Newbie here My family will be traveling to Florida June 11th for 8 nights. We are staying at Walt Disney World Resorts. I would like to take a day and spend it on the Gulf Beaches. My question is: is Clearwater Beach my fast, clear shot? (actually more than 1 question ) Also, I have researched and noticed that Pier 60 has a lot of parking, if we arrive by 8-9am on a Thursday, will we be fine on parking? And last question, is there a fee to park at Pier 60? Thanks, all info will be greatly appreciated

Susan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,309,548 times
Yeah, Orlando to Clearwater is a pretty basic drive. I-4 to I-275 to 60. Depending on which day you decide to go, beach-bound traffic may be heavy. I'd imagine you'd be able to find parking that early on a Thursday. I don't think it's free, but I don't think it's expensive, either.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,309,772 times
Parking is not free and is always a challenge there, we usually go to Sunset Key Park a mile down the road on the right, has meter parking and is a lot less congested than the pier.....
I-4 to I-275 to 60 this is the only Straight way to go....just be really careful once you get closer to the airport, after the Dale Mabry exit, READ the signs, everything changed there now and you can get lost or in an accident trying to change lanes really easy......other than that, I hope it is not too windy and those dead sea creatures are gone by now.....

Old 02-19-2010, 11:33 AM

12 posts, read 26,749 times
In my experience with the parking at Clearwater beach is to either arrive before the herd of people arrive for the day or plan on parking atleast 1/4 mile away. We found parking about 3 blocks east of clearwater beach and walked but it wasn't free (not expensive either though).

Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM

214 posts, read 678,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Parking is not free and is always a challenge there, we usually go to Sunset Key Park a mile down the road on the right, has meter parking and is a lot less congested than the pier.....
Last time I was at Sunset Key Park (that is the one just south of Clearwater Pass, right?) on a weekday morning a year ago, there were about 5 cars in the parking lot, including mine. It was on the early side - about 8AM. Nice day though, so weather was not keeping people away.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,789 times
Thanks so much for the quick replies I look forward to the pretty Gulf beach Florida has to offer and hopefully there will not be any dead sea creatures when we get there

Susan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: