Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,882 times

Advertisements

So my company recently gave me the option to have no job, or relocate. I have an option to move to the Tampa area but had a few questions before making my decision.

Looking at google maps my new job would be between the areas of Town 'n' country and west park, and close to hillsboro ave. Is this a good area? It doesnt seem like there is much around there.

Are there any good apartments around this area or is it somewhere you would want to live if you are going to be moving to a new city that you know nothing about? I have been reading the forum about surrounding areas but dont know if i would want to make a 30-45 minute commute to work. Is traffic bad in the area that could make a commute long if coming from a differnt city?
And is tampa also bad for hurricane season.

Thx in advance for any help you can give me.

Last edited by movingoutoh; 12-05-2009 at 08:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 07:55 AM

86 posts, read 237,002 times
The area where your job is located is decent. A mix of residential, commercial. Many really nice areas to live within 30 mins or less to work. You may want to check out Westchase area, Citrus Park area, Carrollwood area, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor/East Lake, Odessa, Safety harbor Clearwater, Rocky Point, South Tampa just to name a few. You don't mention much about what you're looking for.

I've never had much of a problem here with bugs except for Love Bugs in May covering the front of my car. Moved here from NYC Metro, they have plenty of bugs there too.

With hurricane season you need to stay tuned in to the Weather and see whats heading your way. 2004 was a challenging year, but moreso in other parts of Florida- ie Orlando, Port Charlotte, Fort Myers than Tampa.

Weather & sunshine would be big perks for you. Summer is very hot & humid, but you can easily manage your exposure to this. Personally, I like the warmer weather & thunderstorms!

Good luck with your decision.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:29 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
That's a decent place to work. Traffic can be bad on the major roads around there: Hillsborough, Independence, Memorial, and Veterans. I wouldn't really want to live there, though. Some of the apartment complexes are nice, but a lot of the tract homes are fairly dumpy.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:53 PM

3 posts, read 10,463 times
Default New to area.

I would look for apt. in the Carrollwood area or Northdale area. Hurricane season is not a problem we are high and dry here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingoutoh View Post
So my company recently gave me the option to have no job, or relocate. I have an option to move to the Tampa area but had a few questions before making my decision.

Looking at google maps my new job would be between the areas of Town 'n' country and west park, and close to hillsboro ave. Is this a good area? It doesnt seem like there is much around there.

Are there any good apartments around this area or is it somewhere you would want to live if you are going to be moving to a new city that you know nothing about? I have been reading the forum about surrounding areas but dont know if i would want to make a 30-45 minute commute to work. Is traffic bad in the area that could make a commute long if coming from a differnt city?
And is tampa also bad for hurricane season.

Thx in advance for any help you can give me.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:41 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,519 times
if nothing else, move here to get out of ohio. I spent some time in cleveland, columbus, and cincinatti. they were by far the 3 most boring places I have ever been.

I could swear that I took a time machine to the industrial revolution when i was in cleveland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay