Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 AM

96 posts, read 255,100 times

Advertisements

I'm beyond grateful for all info as I'm admittedly clueless and confused about this realm. The Geico quote saved this transaction because after speaking with 3 other agents at length we were absolutely going to nix FL. We could hardly believe the negativity and realities these reps relayed.

Anyway we're now at $2900 with a $500 hurricane deductible. I'm still going to try Homewise too. And our agent will be providing info as well.

TampaKaren, I actually started this search at the shopandcompare link and somehow (my own confusion possibly) that's where I rec'd the sky high, deal breaker quotes and even quite a number of the companies specifically listed for Hillsborough said they don't do that county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Right, but the link should prevent brokers from taking you to the cleaners. $2900 still sounds high unless there's something you haven't disclosed to us here. It's 2006 construction...what's the square footage and where is it (not the address, just the general location)? Is it going to be your primary residence or a vacation home?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Great, northwest Hillsborough. TIA very much for your tips.

And if by chance anyone can recommend a reputable home inspection company, we'll be calling first thing tomorrow. We're hoping we can get a sink hole inspection too, in order to be as confident as one can be.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 AM

Oops, here's more info. yup 2006, 4400 sq feet, primary residence, gated community, everything pretty typical

Old 01-17-2010, 11:01 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
IG, the premium aounds very reasonable to me now based on the square footage of the house, year built, and location.

For home inspectors, they are not regulated by the state of Florida. In my opinion, the inspector needs to be (at a minimum), a member of NACHI, ASHI, and or a previous local builder/contractor. The following fellow did my last two home inspections for buyers in the Carrollwood area --> FL Home Inspections by Top to Bottom Home Inspection Inc. (http://www.ttbhomeinspect.com/AboutUs - broken link). Is he good, yes; is he perfect, no.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 PM

8 posts, read 15,226 times
I'm paying about $325 annually for flood insurance. Double check your policy that it is replacement value and not a reduced market value. I discovered that some agents didn't give me an apples to apples rate comparison. Same thing with my auto insurance (stacked vs. non-stacked).

Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 AM

147 posts, read 354,547 times
We haven't purchased a house yet but I would like to be able to determine our cost of living expenses which includes property insurance. How would I be able to get a feel for how much it would cost to insure a home in either Pinellas or Pasco? I guess I would have to get wind, flood and sinkhole as well as the ordinary coverage. We are looking for a home that costs between $125K-175K between 1500-2000 sq ft with an in ground pool. Any ideas where I could get this information. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:17 AM

41 posts, read 118,120 times
Try to find an agent who writes Sawgrass Mutual. I believe they are still open in Hillsborough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay