Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 10,558 times

Advertisements

Well..... As the days draw closer to my Florida move I have been asked 1,000,000 times... "So, where ya movin ?"... And as like clockwork.. Ahhhhh we are moving to Florida.... And like clockwork again... We get... Uggghhhhh I'm sorry... Then they ask the following : Trading down to trailer parks, hicks, bugs, gators, storms, bad drivers, unemployed beach bums, crunked out homies on bikes wearing hoodies in 95 deg weather rolling through neighborhoods looking for trouble and did I mention the bugs? "... Every stinking time.... WOW!... ... I mean even when you read the tampabay.com and read comm's about crimes.... goodness grief... PLEASE tell me it aint so!!!!! And if it is so...WHERE are these problems so I may avoid them..LOL I don't need to be shot cleaning pools or my daughter to end up on the porch or the back of one of those bikes with the local crunkie!!!

- Mack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 05:50 PM

23 posts, read 96,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackThePoolGuy View Post
Trading down to trailer parks
Don't move into a trailer.

Quote:
hicks
Stick to urban or suburban areas.

Quote:
bugs
Bug spray. Yes it's annoying.

Quote:
gators
They aren't pets, don't play with them.

Quote:
storms
There has to be some trade-off for warm weather and sandy beaches.

Quote:
bad drivers
Insurance. Stay away from Miami.

Quote:
unemployed beach bums
Are you talking about the retirees..?

Quote:
crunked out homies on bikes wearing hoodies in 95 deg weather rolling through neighborhoods looking for trouble
Stay away from Miami.

Quote:
and did I mention the bugs?
You did, see above

In all seriousness - you are moving to a state that generally has great weather. Yes, storms do happen here, but a typical storm is really a rain shower in the afternoon that lasts about 15-30 minutes. Warm weather! Warm weather! Warm weather!

I've never been concerned with 'hicks', bugs, trailer parks, gators, bad drivers, or crunked out homies on bikes wearing hoodies in 95 deg weather rolling through neighborhoods looking for trouble (unless I was in Miami).

I get the feeling that it's a pretty happy state (I credit the weather a lot for this).

Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,022,221 times
Avoid Nebraska Ave south of Bearss. That is Tampa's worst area.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 PM

626 posts, read 1,349,236 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Anyways OP, not sure on if youre planning to relocate to Pinellas or Tampa or just Florida in general... but its not that bad.

There are tons of trailer parks... but its not like they are everywhere and thats youre only option. We have houses, condos, and apartments here too believe it or not

Arent there bugs everywhere?? I didnt know we had this massive gathering of bugs hanging out over our state waiting to attack.. mosquitos are bad at certain times of the year at dusk and dawn and of course in the everglades and well we do have palmetto bugs... but again, arent there bugs everywhere?

Gators... dont feed them or molest them as the signs say, dont walk your little white poodle next to the lake embankment, and when you see one... dont try to be Steve Irwin and get closer to check em out and you should be fine Ive lived here my whole life and have yet to get eaten or bit by an alligator hmmmm pleasssse knock on some wood!!

storms... are you talking about the hurricanes or the summer storms where it rains everyday at 4pm like clockwork?? well either way they sure beat some of the other things that other states have... I mean at least we can track both of them on radar right??!! Pack your little hurricane kit and youll be fine.

bad drivers... well yeah weve got those and PLENTY of them!! You will learn to be an offensive driver along with a defensive one

unemployed beach bums... yes the retired old people and the drunk young ones... neither bother you much and really its not like theres just tons laying in a line on the beach or anything

Crunked out homies and crime... generally are in the same areas. Theres good and bad areas just like every other city. We all can pretty much advise of the "ghettos" but then again you can pretty much just drive through and notice them as well.
Plus, most of the areas that you want to avoid wont have pools for you to clean, so no need to worry about getting shot while cleaning pools and unless the local crunkie splurged for the pegs on the back of his bike, Im sure your daughter might be on the handlebars instead

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2010 at 08:50 AM..

Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,311,576 times
the people you are talking to are just jealous that you are going to wake up to sun and palm trees every morning.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,608,435 times
I'm with Craig... They are jealous. Now put on your shorts, dress shoes and white socks and come down here and help us chase chickens around the front yard.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,899,565 times
You guys are all funny! I have given rep to all of you.

TPAKaren> No dress shoes for him, just flip-flops....

Old 02-18-2010, 08:25 AM

329 posts, read 775,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackthepoolguy View Post
well..... As the days draw closer to my florida move I have been asked 1,000,000 times... "so, where ya movin ?"... and as like clockwork.. Ahhhhh we are moving to florida.... And like clockwork again... We get... uggghhhhh I'm sorry... Then they ask the following : Trading down to trailer parks, hicks, bugs, gators, storms, bad drivers, unemployed beach bums, crunked out homies on bikes wearing hoodies in 95 deg weather rolling through neighborhoods looking for trouble and did i mention the bugs? "... Every stinking time.... Wow!... ... I mean even when you read the tampabay.com and read comm's about crimes.... Goodness grief... please tell me it aint so!!!!! and if it is so...where are these problems so i may avoid them..lol I don't need to be shot cleaning pools or my daughter to end up on the porch or the back of one of those bikes with the local crunkie!!!

- mack
lmao:d

Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,156,119 times
I guess a lot of people have no clue as to what Florida life is all about.

Come on down, enjoy yourself.

Quote:
Well..... As the days draw closer to my Florida move I have been asked 1,000,000 times... "So, where ya movin ?"... And as like clockwork.. Ahhhhh we are moving to Florida.... And like clockwork again... We get... Uggghhhhh I'm sorry... Then they ask the following : Trading down to trailer parks, hicks, bugs, gators, storms, bad drivers, unemployed beach bums, crunked out homies on bikes wearing hoodies in 95 deg weather rolling through neighborhoods looking for trouble and did I mention the bugs? "... Every stinking time.... WOW!... ... I mean even when you read the tampabay.com and read comm's about crimes.... goodness grief... PLEASE tell me it aint so!!!!! And if it is so...WHERE are these problems so I may avoid them..LOL I don't need to be shot cleaning pools or my daughter to end up on the porch or the back of one of those bikes with the local crunkie!!!

- Mack

Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,251,536 times
Yeah, You cant trust those newspapers. They don't know what there talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay