Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 PM

Location: temporarily corporate housing in washington d.c area, but a los angeles resident.
19 posts, read 119,365 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

First of all...thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I am really excited about moving to St. Petersburg/Tampa area! Coming from LA, I am looking forward to being able to actually purchase a home! And, once we get settled, we are hoping to adopt a child. Sooo......I have been doing research and reading thru the posts...but thought I should write my own. OK, here it goes. My hubby will be working in St. Petersburg...near the prada jungle area. Last week, we visited the area (i only had a day) and I thought i would love that particular area...I didn't. I did kinda like the area downtown...i think maybe it was the northeast area? lots of old homes by the water? I think that I would like to be closer to more restaurants and shopping tho. In my research, I think that I would like either Old Hyde Park, Sarasota or, maybe it would be another extreme, but either dunedin, or palm harbor. or would clearwater be a consideration? does that have any charming areas? sorry if this sounds scattered...I am just trying to consider all the possabilites. I love either really, really old homes..or new construction with the amenities. It's obviously really important to me for it to be a low crime area and for people to take pride in their homes and community. any feedback is so appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
You describe areas like Hyde Park, Beach Park, Bayshore Beautiful, Bayshore Gardens, Davis Islands, Sunset Park, and parts of Palma Ceia neighborhoods in Tampa(South Tampa). Old Northeast St. Pete is beautiful, and St. Pete has a lively waterfront downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay