Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,531,019 times

Advertisements

Student-teacher sex: Where does it end? - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,487,222 times
When the media stops hyping it.. these sorts of incidents are very rare but the media sensationalizes it every time a teacher gets caught.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:10 AM

919 posts, read 1,782,954 times
It's not, get used to the idea that 16-18 year olds are sexual beings and that having sex with someone maybe five years-ten years older than that isn't that unusual, be they teachers or not, be it legal or not. Doesn't mean that something shouldn't happen, plenty of teachers are smart and mature enough not to get into a situation, but for the few that do, then stop the hysteria, get a hold of yourselves, and realize that your kids are fully functioning sexually in junior high.

Along with that, let's stop with the notion that innocent teenage girls are preyed upon by older, deviate male teachers. That's almost laughable in its childishness. The very first day that I taught in hs, as a sub, I was opening the door to the classroom. The key was stuck in the lock, so I had to fool with it in order to remove it, but there was plenty of room to have the students get into the classroom. Someone brushes up against me hard enough for me to look around and wonder who was pushing me. Turns out it was a girl, who deliberately had come up behind me. I just let it go. Since it was a two week assignment, I had the same class/girl. A few days later, a couple of students were asking something about the book and I was explaining the text. Someone comes up behind me, and presses themselves against my shoulders and back, and their leg was pushed up against mine. I could tell instantly it was a female, I turn around and see that it's the same girl, and she looked at me as if to say, 'What are you going to do about it?' If a teacher/parent/administrator had walked by that door at that instant, I would have been in big trouble. It turns out she was 17, on the volleyball team, and was high achieving, though having trouble with trig. Just your average teenager, nothing that would have led anyone who didn't know her that she was coming on to 30 something teachers. This happened enough that it was just became a workplace hazard. But the point is, if I had been 25-26 rather that 35-36, the outcome would have been quite different. That decade of work and maturity and being in a very good relationship allowed me to ignore all of the come on's and teach. But that means finding older teachers who have been in the world and have the context and perspective to do the right thing in that situation....

Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,275,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Student-Teacher Sex: Where Does it End?
Usually in the same place it starts. I don't think that students and teachers move around during sex that much more than other people.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM

919 posts, read 1,782,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Usually in the same place it starts. I don't think that students and teachers move around during sex that much more than other people.
That's disgusting!!!!! Hilarious, but disgusting......

Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM

749 posts, read 838,938 times
Nothing disgusting about it....just funny as all hell!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
I love how they make a new forum for teachers and it immediately gets filled with anti-teacher sentiment.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:24 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,275,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I love how they make a new forum for teachers and it immediately gets filled with anti-teacher sentiment.
In this thread I see: a post with a link to an article (that I admit I didn't read) about student-teacher sex; a post brushing the issue off as something rare that is over-hyped when it happens by the sensationalist media; a thoughtful post from a substitute teacher about how easy it can be for a young teacher to get sucked in to these types of relationships by overly-aggressive students; a smartalecky comment from myself about the thead title that is completely irrelevant to the subject of the thread; a response to my smartalecky comment; a response to the response to my smartalecky comment; and your post, quoted above.

So where exactly is the anti-teacher sentiment here, pray tell?

Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post

So where exactly is the anti-teacher sentiment here, pray tell?
Look at the teacher's union thread.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Please! I was not even attracted to teenage boys when I WAS a teen! Those female teachers who seduce males.....or are seduced by fourteen year old boys....I have no clue what is up with them.
They definitely need therapy. Now...a male being attracted to one of those luscious teenage girls....I totally get that....and I agree...some of those "Lolita's"...are not so innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching