Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times

Advertisements

Rachel, How did the meeting go? I'm sorry I didn't read your post until today, but I just want to let you know that I feel so badly for you and your daughter. I don't understand why there wasn't a mid-semester evaluation where the cooperating teacher would have been able to express her concerns to the college and the college would not have had a serious sit-down with your daughter, not just saying that a few things need improvement. I hope that this point,
Quote:
She was given no Plan of Improvement, and never received any warning that this was a possibility
is strongly addressed.

I agree that your daughter should have been teaching the classroom full time by now. From my experience that's how it's usually done. My daughter was a teacher (still in ed field, but not teaching) as were many of her friends. I thought the advisers themselves were the students advocates and am shocked about the lack of support. Recently a good friends daughter was in a similar student teaching position with a witch of a cooperating teacher but the adviser bolstered my friends daughter and gave her suggestions to improve and work arounds to get through the semester. Daughters friend was told that that teacher will not be given another student from their college to mentor. Friends daughter will be graduating next month - and so should yours!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching