Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,570,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Much of this nation performed well and was built by the work ethic and knowledge gained from and through Community Colleges.
Students go where they can afford to go, therefore, we should not issue any discredit and detracting commentary trying to put University of Community Colleges. We should be focused on making all credits Transferable, not supporting the University Madness, to disregard credits, simply because the University did not get to make money from the knowledge people gained by other educational facilities.
This is especially true today. Dd#2 could go anywhere she wants to but she doesn't want to graduate with massive debt so she's choosing the 2 by 2 route. She'll get her associates degree when she's 18 and then head to a 4 year university to finish her last two years and you know what? Her diploma will read exactly the same as someone who didn't go the 2 by 2 route.

When you consider that two full years at a CC is less cost than one semester at a 4 year university, this really is an intelligent choice. Dd#1 is in CC because that's where she belongs but dd#2 is going to save $30K. The trick is to make sure the credits are transferrable and they do insure that at the CC she'll be attending. Her sister works with a counselor to make sure every class she takes is transferrable to the university she wants to go to in two years. If a class is not transferrable that they said was, they pay for the class at the university.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,327,540 times
delete

Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 PM

609 posts, read 809,479 times
Everybody has a different face. I have a face where people always ask me, "Are you okay?" even when I am totally fine. My resting face looks sad. I think the only way to have every student beaming, smiling, and nodding would be to be like that Ron Clark guy and dance on the tables and rap.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,570,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post
Everybody has a different face. I have a face where people always ask me, "Are you okay?" even when I am totally fine. My resting face looks sad. I think the only way to have every student beaming, smiling, and nodding would be to be like that Ron Clark guy and dance on the tables and rap.
I know the feeling. I have Rosacea and my face turns red if I'm even slightly warm or irritated. If I get mometarily flustered, I look like I'm furious. When I first started working as an engineer, any time my boss would see me rushing to get somewhere he'd ask if I was mad. I finally told him that I was going to get mad if he didn't quit asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching