Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 11:50 PM

412 posts, read 275,722 times

Advertisements

Nah. I don't inflict pain. Seymour was greedy, and fed people to the plant who had wronged him his life and the ones he loved. They say the meek shall inherit it. You know the book doesn't lie. It's not a question of merit. It's not demand and supply. They say the meek gonna get it, and I'm a meek, little guy. You know the meek are gonna get what's coming to them by and by.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:52 PM

I'm interesting in inflicting pain on others? I'm majorly pissed off. You'd be too if all the time you've sacrificed when you could have been making more money doing something else, you did this more for the kids than you did for you and your paycheck, you were an overnight worker for some of the time pulling doubles to help out the schools, and then someone does this to you.

Okay, seriously. This is getting tiresome. Please let this be the last word and we can all move on with our lives.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:52 PM

388 posts, read 200,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan777 View Post
Nah. I don't inflict pain.
but it is your present focus, according to your posts in this thread.

Quote:
Seymour was greedy, and fed people to the plant who had wronged him his life and the ones he loved.
he also gave up on the plant when it became out of his control, and tried to escape it, only to have the plant follow him.

you havent learned the lesson of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan777 View Post
Please let this be the last word and we can all move on with our lives.
are you asking me? no one here is forcing you to do anything.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:12 AM

My present focus is for this just to get past me so I could forget about it. I wish I never would have even been told about this in the first place as they are not going to be able to substantiate it.

People can say all they want that based on some online posts that I've some evil creature that wants to get people and isn't good at teaching. However, I get calls a lot for assignments, and I'm on the preferred list of drama and acting teachers, as well as many teachers with kids who have autism. So, I do know what I'm doing and I have done well to get on people's good side in the schools. I just don't appreciate these kinds of accusations, and it puts me on defense. I'm betting that kid wasn't even in the classroom at the time, and just repeated what they believe they heard from others.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:17 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Of course not. The child should be punished for lying. But the OP is suggesting JAIL TIME for an 11 yo.
So how does one restore their name? Their livelihood? Their honor? These are serious questions we struggled with in our training and never received a satisfactory answer. The answer was just make the accusation and state law protected us from lawsuit for making unfounded accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.