Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2006, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,589 times

Advertisements

My Husband, 9 year old son, and I are relocating to Brentwood Tennessee from South Florida. As I write this, my husband is on his way with a large U-haul truck and would like some assistance in the unloading of it. Are there any day laborers in the city of Antioch, where we have corporate housing until we find a place? We are in need of these people for tomorrow, Thursday, probably, depending upon his arrival, around the mid-morning hours. Here in South Florida, we have day laborers standing on a street in a specific area, waiting for pick up. That would be fine for us. If anyone knows of this or any other assistance, please respond quickly as my husband needs to already go to work tomorrow. Thanking you in advance. <><

Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHalpern View Post
My Husband, 9 year old son, and I are relocating to Brentwood Tennessee from South Florida. As I write this, my husband is on his way with a large U-haul truck and would like some assistance in the unloading of it. Are there any day laborers in the city of Antioch, where we have corporate housing until we find a place? We are in need of these people for tomorrow, Thursday, probably, depending upon his arrival, around the mid-morning hours. Here in South Florida, we have day laborers standing on a street in a specific area, waiting for pick up. That would be fine for us. If anyone knows of this or any other assistance, please respond quickly as my husband needs to already go to work tomorrow. Thanking you in advance. <><
I would which is now late, call the unemployment bureau, and ask them.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 PM

408 posts, read 1,978,236 times
There is eventually going to be a place for day labors to hang and find work. Or I think they are still building it. Other than that, there are usually hispanics- mostly undocumented workers- that hang out at these two corner Mapco gas stations. They are on Thompson Lane in South Nashville. Coming up I-24 West take Briley Pkwy. Make a left turn at the light at the end of the ramp. Once you make the turn, it should be the second red light that you will make a right turn at. The gas stations about a quater of a mile or less down that road on the left. I'm not sure how long the people stay out there. I guess it depends on how much work people around town need done and how many people they pick.
Other than that, I don't know about day laborers on that short of a notice.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,448 times
Smile My spouse & I are looking for day labor

EMail me some more information or call me at 615-452-7271. We would be interested in helping. I also know of a place called A Day's Work 615-291-9939. The primarialy hire people from the Resue Mission. The are a few companies which do Day Labor in Nashville, but they are hard to find.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
The OP was looking for help moving in August of last year (see date of original post).

Old 06-25-2007, 12:26 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Check with your local Veterans Groups in the area,DAV VFW American Legion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: