Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 15,341 times

Advertisements

I like the area of Estill Spings, Tennessee and there is a subdivision named NorthLake Estates in Franklin County. Does anybody have any information on the subdivision or for that matter Estill Springs TN in general. Thank you very much. We would really like to retire in Tennessee. We could make room for someone here in Florida who wants to come here to retire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4space View Post
I like the area of Estill Spings, Tennessee and there is a subdivision named NorthLake Estates in Franklin County. Does anybody have any information on the subdivision or for that matter Estill Springs TN in general. Thank you very much. We would really like to retire in Tennessee. We could make room for someone here in Florida who wants to come here to retire.
Hello,

My user name is Juneaubound because I first registered on this site as I was getting ready to head up to Juneau Alaska. I moved from Tullahoma TN (about 10 miles or so from Estill), went to Alaska and then Wyoming and am now back here in TN. Long story for a long two years

I am not familiar with NorthLake Estates but Estill Springs is located about half way between the towns of Tullahoma and Winchester. It is a small community - no malls but emergency services, a post office, a few mom and pop restaurants, gas stations, a couple of antique stores etc. That's about it.

A combination of all income brackets and a combination of very nice high income residential areas as well as some low income areas. Generally a pretty nice community though overall.

Close to Tims Ford State Park, Woods Reservoir, Elk River so lots of boating and fishing opportunities. Also close to other hiking trails and waterfalls at Short Springs and Rutledge Falls.

An indoor pool in Winchester and community centers in Tullahoma so indoor recreation is readily available.

I started a blog a couple of years ago and not long after returning to Tennessee in September took some pictures of a cove in Estill Springs. It doesn't give you a really good idea of what Estill looks like but there are other pictures on the blog of the surrounding area also. Here it is:
Wyoming Wind Songs: Forgetting To Lock The Gate

I'll try to answer more specific questions if I can. If you're interested I could stop and take more of Estill over the next couple of days and post them on the blog.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to give me some very good information. Also, thank you for the beautiful pictures on your site. I am blown away at just how beautiful these pictures are. When you have time and if you get out to Estill Springs a few pictures would be great. Again, it sure was good to read your blog.

lookin4space

Old 12-07-2011, 10:07 PM

I'll head out to Estill in the next couple of days and try and get some more pictures. I'll post on here when they're on the blog.

It really is a nice area and Winchester, Tullahoma, Lynchburg, Fayetteville and Manchester are all within easy driving distance. It's also half way between Nashville and Chattanooga.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Here is a link to some pictures I took today out in Estill Springs.

Wyoming Wind Songs

Old 12-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Thank you very much for these pictures. We were up in Estill Springs in October of this year and enjoyed looking around very much. Don't know when we will get up there again but we sure do like it in Tennessee. Enjoyed the pictures. talk with you later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee