Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 AM

665 posts, read 1,926,561 times

Advertisements

Well, we finally made it to TN, after having sold our home , lived in a cabin for a week, we made it here!I love my home and yard, and seeing the mnts is beautiful, cant wait to see the fall colors, though, I see we need rain badly! I am in a small town,very quiet,I know this sounds dumb to locals, but I still at 48 get excited to see cows and goats. I saw a man with a pickup with a goat indide the back, I got so excited, he must of thought, Oh my theres a yankee for sure.I am trying to get rid of my Jersey plates as fast as possible So you dont see us coming a mile away...And the peolpe of TN have been sooooo nice, you actually wave, and not the middle finger! I plan on living in TN forever!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
And to think you thought you wouldn't get here, but you did!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 AM

107 posts, read 240,876 times
Congrats, Phyll! I so envy you being there already. We've got two years to go (maybe a *mite* sooner) so for now I'm enjoying the boardwalk and ocean. Post pics of your new area when you can? Which little town did you land in?

Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,218,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
I saw a man with a pickup with a goat inside the back . . .
Maybe he just has a really ugly wife!

;-)

Welcome to Tennessee.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
I had the exact same experience, Phyll--when we were poking around our property (which we just sent in the closing documents on! ), one of the 3 vehicles that went by that afternoon, was a pickup with goats in the back.

I was like, "Oh my God! Look at the goats!"

Like the tourists in NYC looking up at the buildings, I stood out like a sore thumb.

Good thing it was just us and Trailer Guy from across the street who could see me make an arse of myself.

I cannot wait to join you and once again, another success story that makes me that much more excited!!

Congrats and enjoy!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:50 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
p.s. Phyll, now you have to change your "location" in your profile on this site! Yay!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:57 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Maybe he just has a really ugly wife!

;-)

Welcome to Tennessee.
OMG Alleycat, I almost choked on my soda pop. LOLOLOL

Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,771 times
Phyll,
You would of had a ball laughing at me one time, many years ago. Hubby bought me a horse at an auction and we had no way to get her home except in the back of our pickup truck.
I rode in the back with her the whole 35 miles, in the rain. I got alot of stares from alot of people.
When we moved to our present location, we had show rabbits. 150 of them. Hubby got a truck and flatbed tractor from work and we loaded all those rabbits, in their cages, on to the trailer. Then strapped the cages on tight and off we went.
of course we forgot to take a photo. I know the neighbors probably thought the Beverly Hillibillies had arrived for sure. LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,218,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
OMG Alleycat, I almost choked on my soda pop. LOLOLOL
We're going to have to teach you the southern dialect . . . "soda pop" will immediately identify you as a Yankee (and therefore a potential shooting target :-). "You guys' used to do the same thing, but not as much anymore. "Yous guys" gets someone identified as being from NYC.

Our southern word for the day . . .

Sensuous. A phrase. Used in a sentence: "Honest, sensuous up, bring me back another beer."

(Okay, I stole that from Jeff Foxworthy.)

Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,899 times
pop is definitely not a Southern thang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee