Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:49 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new report by the
Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), confirms that mass
illegal immigration is no longer isolated to a few states or regions of the
country, but has become a nationwide phenomenon. According to the FAIR's
latest state impact study, Tennesseans now spend $285 million a year for
illegal alien K-12 education, health care, and incarceration of criminal
illegal aliens.

Illegal Immigration Now Costs Tennesseans More Than $285 Million a Year, Finds FAIR Study
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,702,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new report by the
Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), confirms that mass
illegal immigration is no longer isolated to a few states or regions of the
country, but has become a nationwide phenomenon. According to the FAIR's
latest state impact study, Tennesseans now spend $285 million a year for
illegal alien K-12 education, health care, and incarceration of criminal
illegal aliens.

Illegal Immigration Now Costs Tennesseans More Than $285 Million a Year, Finds FAIR Study
This is one of the MANY reasons I want to leave California. I guess we will never be able to get away from this.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times
Same here in Florida.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 AM

7,542 posts, read 17,241,244 times
All the more reason for legalisation and taxation...

Old 11-09-2007, 09:50 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,394,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguillot View Post
This is one of the MANY reasons I want to leave California. I guess we will never be able to get away from this.
I hear you-- it was something I didn't miss, either. Just goes to show you how far behind the snowball we really are... and how fast it's rolling!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
This is just so sad and is so mind boggling that this could happen here in the US.
Talk about a break down in the systems!
I do have to say I do see a difference in what is happening here in TN verses boarder states. Yes, we have immigration issues, looks like every state does, but we don't seem to have the drug and gang issues like the boarder states. At the very least I hope that issue does stay away, we have enough drug issues with Meth and prescription drug abuse as it is and trying to clean that up.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Well, gangs are alive and well in Knoxville. Well, maybe not for long...

Feds announce drug gang bust; cocaine, cash seized : Local News : Knoxville News Sentinel

Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
We have a similar problem here in NJ. Instead of enforcing the law so they'll go back home, here we coddle the illegals and put them on the welfare and food stamp rolls.

Heck, in New York they give them drivers' licenses--so now, a NY driver's license is of no value as far as identification goes. (They're now talking about having "different levels of driver's licenses" in NY. Super, let's make it more complicated.) And the purpose? So the illegals will get insurance on their cars.

I like the new possible legislation that motivates illegals to go home. I really hope it passes!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,394,301 times
I worry, because when I first moved to CA back in the early 1990s, it wasn't such a huge problem there, either. But the crack widens... and widens... and widens... and suddenly it's a gusher. I don't know how you stop a problem that big.

Mbmouse, I agree that TN doesn't have the problems that border states do. In fact, I was shocked to learn that it had any appreciable problem at all. But what I see and fear is that TN is becoming a choice migratory destination for those fleeing the unbearable expense and overcrowding of CA and FL... and it appears that the bad is coming along with the good. That will be a huge resource drain on TN, and TN taxpayers will foot the bill with no benefit at all. CA and FL taxpayers know all about that-- that's why they're leaving!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:42 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,851 times
It's a bad situation! I moved from the east coast of Florida and this was a lot of the reason why. I was pretty much pushed out of my neighborhood due to so many illegals moving in. It was frightening, let me tell you. Along with them, came a huge upshot in crime. It's not even about predjudice. It's a fact! It wasn't like that before the illegal population became so large and out of control. It's creeping into all walks of life and all neighborhoods, not just the lower income ones. Since they all help eachother, a number of them get together and live in one house. Some pay rent and others buy homes together. My only hope is that Tennessee will benefit from what has happened in the border states and get a handle on it before it becomes a huge problem here as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee