Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,947 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking in this area, any info would be greaty appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2006, 02:11 PM

6 posts, read 36,508 times
Default Not an expert . . .

but I lived just north of there for years, would drive through on my way to Chattanooga. It's a beautiful area, not very large, which in my opinion is a plus. On the other hand, it's closer to Chatty than I was, and I went there once a week to shop! Fairly close to Fall Creek Falls, a really nice state park. Not too far from Jasper and I-24 (25 miles?), Altamont/Coalmont (on the mountain), etc.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:54 AM

4 posts, read 12,147 times
Talking Also need Dunlap, TN info.

My husband and two daughters, 12 & 6 are also looking to live in Dunlap. My concerns were the schools. I'm worried that they might be a little behind the times compared to our schools where we are now. Both of my kids are honor students and I don't want to slack on education.

We visited Dunlap the begining of July and really liked the small town charm, friendly people and beautiful scenery. We are going back the begining of Aug. to take another look around.

Any help on Dunlap schools by other peoples experiences, rather than online test scores etc. would be greatly appreciated. I have checked on Great Schools.net, Standard and Poors and School Matters.com and there's nothing like hearing from an actual person who has experienced the school system.

Any other info. on perhaps other areas that are close to Dunlap with better schools would be appreciated too!

Old 07-31-2006, 06:01 AM

10 posts, read 34,596 times
Smile Dunlap, Tennessee

My husband and I have recently purchased property there! If you like the small "hometown" feel, this is the place to be! We fell in love with it as soon as we got there. The people are absolutely wonderful!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:16 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,966 times
Smile Really???Where did you move from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat34287
My husband and I have recently purchased property there! If you like the small "hometown" feel, this is the place to be! We fell in love with it as soon as we got there. The people are absolutely wonderful!
My husband loves Dunlap/Pikeville area too...do you have kids? We have 3 and I keep going between Pikeville and Smith County--how happy are you? What about summer in the South? So many questions I have- I can't type fast enough...I may email you...curious!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:42 AM

10 posts, read 34,596 times
We just bought some property there. We purchased a little over 5 acres. We can not wait to get there full time.
Like everyone else here in Florida, we are really wanting to get out!
We have friends that live in Soddy Daisy, they are the ones who introduced us to Dunlap.
It will be a year or two before we make the final move.
I couldn't think of a better place to live!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 PM

130 posts, read 475,394 times
take a look in Spencer. that is the next town north off 111. we bought in Hawks Bluff. our log home is getting ready to break ground. i can't wait to get up there full time!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 26,856 times
Does anyone know if their might be a V.A. hospital near by ?????? Could anyone provide us with any info on anything that might help Vet's that are retiring in this area????? Thanks so much for your help. By the way, how much is property in your area these days ( Dunlap or around ).

Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 AM

6 posts, read 26,856 times
Hello,
Hope to hear from anyone in Dunlap. If you can't get us from this address, please send a message to dannydarlene@hotmail.com. Need any kind of information you can provide. Start to finish. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:21 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,702,106 times
Default Information on Dunlap, TN

Hi terrbenn,

I've sent you a private message with a link to a city-data.com site that provides a lot of information on Dunlap, TN.

I hope this helps.

Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbenn View Post
My wife and I are looking in this area, any info would be greaty appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee