Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 AM

66 posts, read 113,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Goat pee!

I know when the goats are in rut - nothing quite like the smell of male goat pee.

Read more of the forum. Lots of us transplants that generally like it here.

We are in aggy land, 1/2 hour to the nearest "city" which wouldn't even qualify as a town up north with a townhall/police/fire/maintenance division all in one building. Nearest business is a "I have no clue what it does, but there's cars there during the day and gone at night and on weekends at giant warehouse/garage thingy". There was a pizza place but it lasted about 3 months and gone, and the only other place is a building with a sign to call a number for leatherwork and sewing machine repairs. Can't get more rural than here.

We moved from NYC to SW TN. Our neighbors are fine. I've met 2, so far in 5+ years living here. Oh wait, met another this past summer as he stopped in to tell me one of our cats was outside the enclosure. Yes, we are the crazy NYers who have indoor/outdoor cats in a fenced area. First neighbor we met 5 years ago informed us that the very tall grass in our field was hay and it was a fire hazard and would we be so kind as to allow him to mow it down. He'd let us keep it - what? We had no use for it but since we didn't yet have a mower, he was doing us a favor by mowing. He disappeared and returned in 5 minutes with a tractor, mowed and left in 5 more minutes with a wave as he took off. Since then, he drops off grapes, zucchini, tomatoes, and assorted other crops he can't use enough of and doesn't feel like going to the farmers' market. He's older than we, but in better shape. His cows never get loose as he constantly checks his fence line.

Our neighbors and others who live on this street wave as they pass by - as we do with them. It isn't for lack of friendliness, it's respect for living in the country where everyone knows what you're doing but minds their own business. I'll never move back to a city or head up north again.

Exactly.
Where you live sounds amazing. Do you mind if I ask what town? (You can also message me privately.) We are also from the NYC area and want to get out.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:53 PM

459 posts, read 475,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
Whilst doing research on living in TN, my friend decides to send me this:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ate/360742002/

What say you, locals? Any merit to this?
They're saying has most hate groups out of any other state not necessarily the most angry people. Still seems like a big load of garbage. Be careful posting nonsense, because that's exactly what this is!

Old 04-16-2018, 01:03 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Attached Thumbnails
Tennessee ranked angriest, most hateful state in nation-turn-back-now.jpg  

Old 04-22-2018, 03:33 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPA View Post
Well, moved from CT to TN, and just got back from FL helping my mom.

While in Florida I experienced the rudest drivers, and met a delightful man who flipped me off, and yelled as%ho%$, and witnessed a few other similar episodes with other drivers.

So, I can only say that is not my experience in TN, and think FL is far worse!!
I agree. I'm from Missouri and the people are ruder here in Florida. Especially in the winter when the area is clogged full of east coast people.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Southerners can be awful too. Louisiana was full of them. You can't lay rudeness exclusively on people from the northeast.

Speaking of, living in Louisiana and visiting friends in Tennessee regularly, I always noticed how much nicer TN was. One of the best southern states, it is... as long as you steer clear of Memphis.
Yes there are awful people everywhere, though I also agree TN is one of the better States, ........... except for Memphis.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Better get used to it. Where you are going to in Florida, it is lousy with people from the Northeast.
Actually where I am going not many snowbirds or people from the North East. Now the next city over, well ...... lots of them.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:39 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually where I am going not many snowbirds or people from the North East. Now the next city over, well ...... lots of them.
I live in Charlotte County and we get New Englanders like crazy here. NY, MA, NJ seem to be the three main states. Too bad Irma went further east. Could have used a bit of a cleansing like Charley did. Give us a break for a couple seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee