Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

Well, here's a dubious "honor" --- Auto, tractor-trailer and residential energy emissions - we're the worst.

Tennessee ranks as nation's worst polluter - Nashville Business Journal:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,884 times
That correlates to this article:
New Report Reveals Huge Variation Between Cities' Carbon Footprints | Wired Science from Wired.com

Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,708 times
Yall better start cleaning it up before I get there. Don't make me bring the hurricanes with me!

Old 05-31-2008, 12:27 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,458 times
I agree there does need an improvement, I was wondering though is Tennessee opposed to environmentalism though? I am moving there and am a park ranger also environmental scientist, I do know TN has some of the best State Parks, but I know better to bring your political baggage along. You think I can start the momentum?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:49 AM

117 posts, read 447,437 times
Well, before ya'll open your wallets and beg Big Brother to save us all, remember that these are some of the same people that told us 30 years ago we'd all be covered in ice by now.

And what about acid rain? When we visitied the Smokies in the 70"s the Rangers told us that acid rain was killing all the trees. Now we find it was some exotic beetle?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:55 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrm777 View Post
Well, before ya'll open your wallets and beg Big Brother to save us all, remember that these are some of the same people that told us 30 years ago we'd all be covered in ice by now.

And what about acid rain? When we visitied the Smokies in the 70"s the Rangers told us that acid rain was killing all the trees. Now we find it was some exotic beetle?

I don't know, I seem to BREATHE a lot better up here in Chicago than I did the whole time I lived in Tennessee.

But I don't think Tennessee has any sort of interest in doing anything about their dubious pollution ranking. Oh well.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:41 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrm777 View Post
See it ain't about opening your wallets and the best way to save money is not to give it to the feds ... giving money to the feds is like giving booze and a sports car to a teenager ... it's about saving money, when you reduce your garbage, reuse and recycle items, it helps you save money and also produces less junk at the landfills which sits there for 1000 years, practicality that takes only a second, get Al Gore and his politics out of it.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:57 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
See it ain't about opening your wallets and the best way to save money is not to give it to the feds ... giving money to the feds is like giving booze and a sports car to a teenager ... it's about saving money, when you reduce your garbage, reuse and recycle items, it helps you save money and also produces less junk at the landfills which sits there for 1000 years, practicality that takes only a second, get Al Gore and his politics out of it.
I have to give you an amen and a hallelujah for this post. Rep points to follow.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,708 times
Quote:
Yep, like using cloth bags at the grocery store instead of plastic bags that don't break down ecologically. My daughter is embarrassed by the sight of my bags but I don't care. She makes me carry them in case she runs into friends. What's funny though, when the bag boy goes for a plastic bag she practically throws the cloth bag at him. She is a closet recycler.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:47 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,518 times
Quote:

I have to agree with you. It amazes me that people don't realize that they save money and our planet at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: