Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:43 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
As if I give a damn what happens to Chrysler/Fiat.
I’m not the one seeing car logos in the sky and telling everybody else they’re delusional.
Another non-sequitur. You're losing it, Ziggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 06:02 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Another non-sequitur. You're losing it, Ziggy.
A non-sequined to your attempted deflection.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:45 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
Wait a minute, I may have missed something. Do you mean this was an actual weather pattern, captured off a screen shot or something? I had assume that Ze had taken two hours to create it using some kind of photoshop or something, that's what I thought was weird. Although if I saw a "T" from some cloud formation or something, I would have associated it with "Ta Ta's" or something, not Tesla. But if I was a fan of Tinker Toys, or Tamales, whatever. if real, it was a really unique weather pattern, I don't think I've seen a line of storms go from Canada to Mexico before. When I saw the title, I assumed that Tesla was rolling out some kind of home and business generator replacement ("the battery wall") or natural-gas-to electricity dingus or something, that would provide a home with power during a 24 hour outage, with automatic switchgear. Something like that would be handy for winter in the Rockies, where losing power for a couple of days might mean frozen pipes. No such luck.

Ze, as to your assertion I'm missing whatever big thing is going on with Tesla, I've been keeping my eye on the company for the past few months, and all I'm seeing is a guy with a huge ego working hard to tear down what he worked so hard to build up, Elon needs to hire a COO and keep his position as CEO and Chairman or something, and let someone else take care of the day-to-day's of the company, including tweets. Both he and Trump would do themselves a big favor to just shut the heck up on their Tweeters. And he needs to keep working bugs out and making cars, and get the company's financials in order, before he no longer has a company at all.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Wait a minute, I may have missed something. Do you mean this was an actual weather pattern, captured off a screen shot or something? I had assume that Ze had taken two hours to create it using some kind of photoshop or something, that's what I thought was weird. Although if I saw a "T" from some cloud formation or something, I would have associated it with "Ta Ta's" or something, not Tesla. But if I was a fan of Tinker Toys, or Tamales, whatever. if real, it was a really unique weather pattern, I don't think I've seen a line of storms go from Canada to Mexico before. When I saw the title, I assumed that Tesla was rolling out some kind of home and business generator replacement ("the battery wall") or natural-gas-to electricity dingus or something, that would provide a home with power during a 24 hour outage, with automatic switchgear. Something like that would be handy for winter in the Rockies, where losing power for a couple of days might mean frozen pipes. No such luck.

Ze, as to your assertion I'm missing whatever big thing is going on with Tesla, I've been keeping my eye on the company for the past few months, and all I'm seeing is a guy with a huge ego working hard to tear down what he worked so hard to build up, Elon needs to hire a COO and keep his position as CEO and Chairman or something, and let someone else take care of the day-to-day's of the company, including tweets. Both he and Trump would do themselves a big favor to just shut the heck up on their Tweeters. And he needs to keep working bugs out and making cars, and get the company's financials in order, before he no longer has a company at all.
Not all of it is strictly Tweet related. Buying Solar City has panned out to be a dumb move. Chasing off executive talent has been happening behind the scenes. The way he’s rolled out the Model 3 ramp up is the reason the quality is so poor. He’s also wasted an unecessary amount of money on automation that was later ripped out. His factories catch fire about once a week, his company has the worst safety record of any other in the industry. Autopilot is consistently under investigation by the feds for causing accidents. Random Tesla’s seem to catch fire for no reason at all. The “affordable”’Model 3 will be now be released after the tax credit expires. Falcon doors on the Model X ended up being an expensive, complicated gimmick that slowed down rollout and ate into profits.

Much of what Elon does is a bad idea. His Tweets just give us insight to how off the guy really is. He’s just a bad leader overall.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
Lol I just thought it was amusing. But if you can't find something positive and substantial happening within the company, you are purposely living under a rock. Jeesh.
There’s something positive and substantial happening alright....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ail-time-.html

Old 09-28-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
There’s something positive and substantial happening alright....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ail-time-.html
Elon sure does seem intent on shooting off his own winky, and not only that, his weapon of choice is a shotgun. Listening to the news this morning, apparently the SEC gave him an easy way out for his whole "I'll take Tesla private" tirade, and he refused it. Tesla shares are dropping at the moment, we'll see where it goes from here. I saw him on a rerun of "The Big Bang Theory" the other night, and he's apparently very much like Sheldon, an idiot savant. That's why he'd be smart to allow someone more "normal" to put him on a leash and give him tasks to perform down in the Engineering Dept., kind of like "Q" from the Bond series.

The news is wondering if the company can survive without him at the helm; I think removing him as CEO is the only way the company WILL survive. The problem is, all the fanboys will go nuts if that happens, because he's a cult figure. I can see the future playing out where Elon will be remembered as another Tucker, "A genius and visionary persecuted by politicians who were bought off by his competitors". Watching something similar happen in real time gives one a different perspective, doesn't it?

Old 09-29-2018, 06:52 PM

Now TODAY'S news on Elon and Tesla was substantial, he has to resign for three years as Chairman and pay a $20M (or 40M?) fine to investors injured by his "taking it private" tweet. Monday's trading should be interesting to say the least (I don't have any interest in Tesla except for technical).

So what changed with this guy? How could he have accumulated billions of dollars while being such a loose cannon? Did his personality change in the last year or so, maybe due to stress related from biting off too large a business bite than he could comfortably chew? All I know, is at this point, if I had a lemonade stand in my front yard, and had to go to the store to buy more sugar or something, I wouldn't be comfortable leaving Elon in charge of it while I was gone.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Now TODAY'S news on Elon and Tesla was substantial, he has to resign for three years as Chairman and pay a $20M (or 40M?) fine to investors injured by his "taking it private" tweet. Monday's trading should be interesting to say the least (I don't have any interest in Tesla except for technical).

So what changed with this guy? How could he have accumulated billions of dollars while being such a loose cannon? Did his personality change in the last year or so, maybe due to stress related from biting off too large a business bite than he could comfortably chew? All I know, is at this point, if I had a lemonade stand in my front yard, and had to go to the store to buy more sugar or something, I wouldn't be comfortable leaving Elon in charge of it while I was gone.
Elon has always been a loose cannon since the beginning. Everything from refusing to franchise out his dealerships to buying Solar City has been a stupid idea, just not stupid enough to crash the company. His investors have been gullible enough to keep throwing money at him which is the only reason he’s still around. He finally pushed his luck too far and it ran out.
The market might rebound given the prospect he’s not being banned from running a private company (though there’s still that criminal case open), or it might flatten out now that people are starting to see him for the fraud that he really is. I think it will pick back up if they show sustainable increases in production.

I think the real reckoning will be in 2019 when their debts come due while competition ramps up and their tax credit runs out all while finishing the pent up demand for the Model 3. I don’t think there is enough market to sustain the demand that they need to break even on all these capital investments.
They’re not out of the woods yet. “Production hell” became “delivery hell”, which will then become “servicing hell” as hundreds of thousands of customers are going to want those poor workmanship issues fixed all at once. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, just more cost.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:44 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times
Ziggy, did you cover your short position on Friday?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Ziggy, did you cover your short position on Friday?
I think you’re confusing what “covering a short position” means. It definitely wouldn’t have been Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla