Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 04:34 PM

30,487 posts, read 19,246,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
The reviewer owns a Tesla. They’re calling it what it is
No they're not....in their review of range and efficiency, they rated the Model S lower than the Porsche Taycan while the Model S range and efficiency is much better than the Taycan and it's much faster as well....they're calling it what it's not actually.

I don't disagree with everything Edmunds said but a lot of it was wrong and subjective opinion based on wrong assumptions. It was a crap hit piece review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Hyper cars are not 10X more expensive due to performance. They’re 10 times more expensive because they’re low volume.
That's silly talk....hyper cars are built to be fast and out perform every day cars (which they can no longer do because Model S Plaid).

Old 09-16-2021, 04:42 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,965,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No they're not....in their review of range and efficiency, they rated the Model S lower than the Porsche Taycan while the Model S range and efficiency is much better than the Taycan and it's much faster as well....they're calling it what it's not actually.

I don't disagree with everything Edmunds said but a lot of it was wrong and subjective opinion based on wrong assumptions. It was a crap hit piece review.
They didn’t say they Plaid wasn’t fast. They did say that Tesla tends to over estimate range which they proved by driving to 0. They did say they were much closer than other Tesla’s. In their real world test Tesla’s range wasn’t as good as the Taycan. That part wasn’t subjective at all. Tesla of course has their own motivations for inflating the numbers where they can. Most manufacturers do.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
That's silly talk....hyper cars are built to be fast and out perform every day cars (which they can no longer do because Model S Plaid).
They sure are, but it doesn’t actually take $500k to make a car fast. Who’s going to buy a $500k+ slow car?
I’ve posted some examples of good performing cars that are much cheaper.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:48 PM

37,236 posts, read 39,509,972 times
Quote:
This is that predictable part where you get derailed because you get hung up and attempt to talk past me the next 10 pages of comments.

I’m not impressed with Tesla for reasons I’ve very clearly explained. You can agree or not, I don’t care.
The fact that a 600hp car with good performance can cost a lot more than another 600hp with good performance is not surprising to me. Just as it’s not surprising that a Rolex cost a lot more than an Apple Watch when an Apple Watch can do so much more.

Well, yea, it's predictable that you'd compulsively say things that are silly stemming from a seemingly irrational dislike for electric vehicles. It's not me telling you to say it!

I mean, look at what you said:
Quote:
Hyper cars are not 10X more expensive due to performance. They’re 10 times more expensive because they’re low volume.

Is that about you being impressed with Tesla? No, that statement stands by itself in how silly it is! Disregarding performance as part of the price of hypercars and say it's low volume? Ha, sounds like you should go into the low volume vehicle business!

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 09-16-2021 at 05:03 PM..

Old 09-16-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
They didn’t say they Plaid wasn’t fast. They did say that Tesla tends to over estimate range which they proved by driving to 0. They did say they were much closer than other Tesla’s. In their real world test Tesla’s range wasn’t as good as the Taycan. That part wasn’t subjective at all. Tesla of course has their own motivations for inflating the numbers where they can. Most manufacturers do.
They called it nothing more than a marketing exercise when in fact, to make the fastest car in the world, make it more efficient than a Prius, have the best tech in the world and be the fastest sedan and EV ever on the Nurburgring is more than marketing, it's engineering development. They also erroneously claimed that Autopilot is a $10K option when in fact it's standard.

You are incorrect on range, you are talking about the previous edition of the Model S while this (marketing exercise)Model S in the Edmunds test set a new record for range.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well, yea, it's predictable that you'd compulsively say things that are silly stemming from a seemingly irrational dislike for electric vehicles. It's not me telling you to say it!

I mean, look at what you said:

Is that about you being impressed with Tesla? No, that statement stands by itself in how silly it is! Disregarding performance as part of the price of hypercars and say it's low volume? Ha, sounds like you should go into the low volume vehicle business!
Your response is nonsensical.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
They called it nothing more than a marketing exercise when in fact, to make the fastest car in the world, make it more efficient than a Prius, have the best tech in the world and be the fastest sedan and EV ever on the Nurburgring is more than marketing, it's engineering development. They also erroneously claimed that Autopilot is a $10K option when in fact it's standard.

You are incorrect on range, you are talking about the previous edition of the Model S while this (marketing exercise)Model S in the Edmunds test set a new record for range.
Edmunds just runs the cars till they go to zero. Then they compare against manufacturers claims. It is a marketing exercise. As an engineering achievement I think it proves the opposite of what they were trying to prove. Adding more power requires more weight that requires more power. It requires substantially more power to do what it’s exotic competition does with much less.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:41 PM

37,236 posts, read 39,509,972 times
Quote:
Quote:
Your response is nonsensical.

Yea, that makes sense.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, that makes sense.
Sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla