Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 06:11 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,845,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
UH has played the schedule they were handed since the secret closed door meetings in 1996 banished them to C-USA. Ok State, LSU, ATM all ask for 2-1 games meaning 2 away for 1 home game at UH. Mack Rhodes says no. Miss State won't play UH any more after losing several games in a row before finally winning last year. Nebraska backed out a few years ago. Navy backed out this year - the reason for Georgia whatever state U. The only honorable team to give Houston a fair 1-1 home and away game was TTech. It's not like UH can wave their magic BCS wand and poof we have UT and Michigan and USC on the schedule. Doesn't work that way.

Personally I think UH would get pounded by Alabama, but I am still excited about this season.
That’s bull ****....Boise St. doesn’t have a problem with scheduling a couple of legit opponents. At least they had a couple of tough opponents on there schedule this year. They did beat SEC East Champ UGA and lost to TCU.

Hell TCU managed to set up a home & home dates with LSU and Arkansas in the future. This was set up before they joined the big 12. So making excuses for UH doesnt fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 06:14 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
UH is garbage...I know you all for taking up for your hometown but please save it. Most of the sports blogs are dogging the Coogs our for there pathetic schedule...Now I was joking calling the Houston Texans garbage but I am dead serious about UH. I hope they lose next week aganist Tulsa (A team that has played 3 top 5 teams this year).
So what are your reasons for calling them garbage? Because they blow out every team they play? Other ranked teams also play some of the same teams that UH has, and they did not have as wide of a margin of victory as UH:

Quote:
For the curious, here's UH's C-USA score margins compared to common opponents in the top 25:

UH-SMU: +30
TCU-SMU: +7 (OT)

UH-Rice: +39
UT-Rice: +25
Baylor-Rice: +25

UH-Marshall: +35
VT-Marshall: +20
WVU-Marshall: +21

UH-ECU: +53
VT-ECU: +7
SC-ECU: +19
Basically, you're calling UH garbage because their schedule is weak. Probably the dumbest argument I have ever heard of. Watch the games.

Quote:
That’s bull ****....Boise St. doesn’t have a problem with scheduling a couple of legit opponents. At least they had a couple of tough pponents on there schedule this year. They did beat SEC East Champ UGA and lost to TCU.

Hell TCU managed to set up a home & home dates with LSU and Arkansas in the future. This was set up before they joined the big 12.
What he is saying is not BS. Maybe you should go and do some research. Your quest to discredit what UH is doing is pretty funny. Ranked number 8 now in the country.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
So what are your reasons for calling them garbage? Because they blow out every team they play? Other ranked teams also play some of the same teams that UH has, and they did not have as wide of a margin of victory as UH:

Basically, you're calling UH garbage because their schedule is weak. Probably the dumbest argument I have ever heard of. Watch the games.

What he is saying is not BS. Maybe you should go and do some research. Your quest to discredit what UH is doing is pretty funny. Ranked number 8 now in the country.
The only thing that is funny is your ignorance of defending a team that hasnt played one quality opponent all year. You are right I am calling them garbage because they have a weak schedule. I watched that game aganist SMU. UH couldn't even run the damn ball aganist SMU. They will get clobbered in a BCS bowl game. They better hope they match up aganist an ACC or big east team.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
The only thing that is funny is your ignorance of defending a team that hasnt played one quality opponent all year. You are right I am calling them garbage because they have a weak schedule. I watched that game aganist SMU. UH couldn't even run the damn ball aganist SMU. They will get clobbered in a BCS bowl game. They better hope they match up aganist an ACC or big east team.

This is pure comedy. You're acting like UH, with Keenum at the helm, as never beaten a ranked opponent before. These schedules are made years in advanced, can't blame them for that. If you watched the SMU game, then you'd know it showed that UH has a defense, too. Held them scoreless the entire game until a gimme TD in the 4th. And seriously, "UH couldn't even run the damn ball"?? That's the best you could try to come up with, especially when UH ran the ball just fine against SMU? UH's forte isn't running the ball and they had better than average YPC that game. UH has speed that will tear up even SEC defenses. The only thing really is the battle in the trenches. You can continue to discredit, but UH will keep on rolling through.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post

This is pure comedy. You're acting like UH, with Keenum at the helm, as never beaten a ranked opponent before. These schedules are made years in advanced, can't blame them for that. If you watched the SMU game, then you'd know it showed that UH has a defense, too. Held them scoreless the entire game until a gimme TD in the 4th. And seriously, "UH couldn't even run the damn ball"?? That's the best you could try to come up with, especially when UH ran the ball just fine against SMU? UH's forteisn't running the ball and they had better than average YPC that game. UH has speed that will tear up even SEC defenses. The only thing really is the battle in the trenches. You can continue to discredit, but UH will keep on rolling through.
I wasnt aware SMU you had such a stellar offense this year. You are right they will continue to roll through sub par opponents. Next week I expect a battle tested Tulsa team to come away victorious. You don't get respect playing cupcakes.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I wasnt aware SMU you had such a stellar offense this year. You are right they will continue to roll through sub par opponents. Next week I expect a battle tested Tulsa team to come away victorious. You don't get respect playing cupcakes.
Yet they are ranked 8th in the BCS.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,273,096 times
Quote:
TCU and Boise started by playing cupcakes. Took a while, but they earned respect. Now it's UH's turn to earn back the respect they had from the run-and-shoot days and the Yeoman days.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
TCU and Boise started by playing cupcakes. Took a while, but they earned respect. Now it's UH's turn to earn back the respect they had from the run-and-shoot days and the Yeoman days.
Yeah TCU used to blow, now look at them. They won their first ever Rose Bowl last year.

The Coogs & Bears have that same potential if not this year in the years to come.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
My God Dawg, what is up with all this Houston publicity??

First the Texans, Then the Stros now UH???
wring out and dry those panties and concentrate on your teams

Old 11-21-2011, 03:20 PM

1,632 posts, read 483,781 times
If only Houston had had this type of year in a more respectable conference like the Big East. (at least has tougher schools than Conference USA) But congratulations to Case Keenum and the Cougars. I think they win out the rest of the season until whatever bowl they're put in. As for Baylor, I think Robert Griffin III was kind of taken out of the Heisman watch once Baylor stumbled [again] come Big 12 conference play time, but after that performance against the Sooners, over 500 yards combined through the air and on the ground, I think he has not only put himself back into the race, but has collected some votes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas