Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 08:44 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Neighbors within earshot is a bad thing?
To those of us who appreciate privacy and peace & quiet, yes. Maybe you want to hear your neighbors arguing, mowing their grass first thing Saturday morning, or partying into the night - but I don't.

Quote:
See this is what I'm talking about. There's nothing wrong with having neighbors within "earshot".
Unless your neighbors are the kind who crank up their music all night every weekend.

Quote:
You have your preference for small towns and your list stems more from bias against most cities.
My preference for rural life is the basis of my dislike for city life. You can take the boy out of the country...

Quote:
Those grievances you have against major cities are only true if you actually live in a bad area with a long commute and dislike seeing poorer people.
I don't want to live in any area with cookie-cutter houses shoehorned into zero-lot-line developments, with an HOA that can foreclose on my house if I don't pay or submit to their meddling. And that's regardless of commute, "bad" vs "good" area, or the presence or absence of poor people. You do realize there are poor people out in the country too, right?

Quote:
No city or small town is better than the other.
Is that why people move from the city to the suburbs and the country?

Quote:
I said Cuero wasn't that special cus there's nothing there, at least nothing that can compare with the surrounding cities and you responded with a barrage of complaints about of living in major metro.
Compared to most towns, I find that Cuero isn't lacking. That's why I think it'd be a great place to live, as opposed to nearby small towns that have less to offer, like Westhoff, Yorktown, etc.

Quote:
Cuero is cheap because it's not that special and what makes it special to you is because it lacks people and development.
No, it lacks over-development.

Quote:
C'mon Slowpoke, who's projecting?
You, still.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Well at least you admit your bias. Prideful humility indeed.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:49 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
His name is "slowpoke". Of course he's going to have a bias in favor of small, slow towns.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
His name is "slowpoke". Of course he's going to have a bias in favor of small, slow towns.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Well at least you admit your bias. Prideful humility indeed.
No pridefulness here at all, hence why I have no problem explaining my preference.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:49 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
For me the best cities in Texas are
Cedar Hill
Austin
Unincorporated South Katy, Texas-Roughly 200,000 people live here south of I-Ten
Sugar Land
The Woodlands
Cedar Park
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Georgetown
Round Rock
Grapevine
Bastrop
-Basically a couple of suburbs of Houston/Dallas/Austin that I have been to.
Worst-
Port Arthur
Silsbee- This is arguably the biggest stand alone sh()thole in the developed world.
Pasadena- Some nice parts just the smell
Baytown- similar to Pasadena except less nice parts
Galveston- This city could be so much better with all the rich people (I think a couple billionaires live here) living in it but the downtown and beach area is so bad.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:37 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
For me the best cities in Texas are
Cedar Hill
Austin
Unincorporated South Katy, Texas-Roughly 200,000 people live here south of I-Ten
Sugar Land
The Woodlands
Cedar Park
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Georgetown
Round Rock
Grapevine
Bastrop
-Basically a couple of suburbs of Houston/Dallas/Austin that I have been to.
Worst-
Port Arthur
Silsbee- This is arguably the biggest stand alone sh()thole in the developed world.
Pasadena- Some nice parts just the smell
Baytown- similar to Pasadena except less nice parts
Galveston- This city could be so much better with all the rich people (I think a couple billionaires live here) living in it but the downtown and beach area is so bad.
I think you may need to explore more of Texas.

Sure, Southeast Texas towns are flat, humid and usually industrial, but they also tend to have more culture and nicer people. Plus, life near the ocean is just so much better.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:01 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
I had never thought about coastal living in Texas. What's it like living in Galveston, Port Aransas and South Padre?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:03 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Is Dallas any good??

Old 06-10-2015, 03:49 PM

766 posts, read 1,254,386 times
Best:
Houston
DFW
Austin

Worst:
everywhere else

Seriously though, there is no point in living in Texas if you aren't living in one of those places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas