Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM

98 posts, read 341,684 times

Advertisements

I like the city would like to live there but that not an option with lack of rentals anybody know a nice city with rentals near by besides ozona? I dont remember seeing a supermarket in iraan maybe I missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 PM

11,866 posts, read 26,914,768 times
Iraan is TINY and out in the middle of nowhere in West Texas. There are no other towns nearby, and the closest one is almost an hour away.

For a supermarket, you will have to drive to Fort Stockton or Ozona. They have Walmarts. Big Lake and Eldorado have only large convenience stores. For shopping, you will have to drive to Odessa or San Angelo, which are about 2.5 hours away.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 PM

579 posts, read 1,229,035 times
They have a Super S....or I guess they are now called Lowe's. You can get most of what you need there.
They also have a hospital, which is a plus considering that you are in the middle of nowhere, and something is better than nothing. Went through there a few weeks ago and it looked like they were building a brand new hotel. Wouldn't be my first choice, but to each their own.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:58 PM

Yeah i noticed that new hotel i have a job offer pending background there the reason im asking. I like it coming from LA they thought i was going to be in culture shock but i spent my childhood summers on a farm in clarksville Texas im a country boy at heart im guessing its Ozona or midland? some of the rig guys come from midland.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 PM

579 posts, read 1,229,035 times
That is a looong drive from midland. Buy a travel trailer until you find something there? I wouldn't think you would have a problem selling or renting it to any newcomers once you did find something. Have you looked at McCamey, Crane, Big Lake...heck, even Fort Stockton is not much further than Ozona, and has more to offer. McCamey or Crane would put you closer to Midland, although I would venture to bet they would be short on housing as well. If you can handle the trailer living, that's what I would do...

Old 05-12-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by die Eichkatze View Post
That is a looong drive from midland. Buy a travel trailer until you find something there? I wouldn't think you would have a problem selling or renting it to any newcomers once you did find something. Have you looked at McCamey, Crane, Big Lake...heck, even Fort Stockton is not much further than Ozona, and has more to offer. McCamey or Crane would put you closer to Midland, although I would venture to bet they would be short on housing as well. If you can handle the trailer living, that's what I would do...
Thank you i'll look into them have man camp 90 day housing so i have some time to look around.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:36 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,273,708 times
I remember working in a grocery store as a kid in Midland and wondering why we had people from Rankin and Iraan in our store shopping? Then it all became clear the first time I ever drove through either city lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas