Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM

59 posts, read 110,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabear16 View Post
If you don't like their fries, you don't like fries. The potatoes are literally cut on site
I can cut anything on site. Nobody cares. It's about how they're made and how they taste! You want to taste awesome fries, go to Five Guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianreading View Post
I can cut anything on site. Nobody cares. It's about how they're made and how they taste! You want to taste awesome fries, go to Five Guys.
Or Penn Station. They make their fries the same way.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Five Guys fries are fine in that they too are fresh cut. Railhead bbq has similar size cut, but are better than 5Gs. In-N-Outs are different, but great. The other interesting fact about ordering fries at In-N-Out is that if you go to the counter and order them, they will not go over and grab fries from a tray that were just cooked. They will cut potatoes and fry them fresh. Many also dont know that you can request them to be cooked shorter or longer depending on preference.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 AM

802 posts, read 983,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Five Guys fries are fine in that they too are fresh cut. Railhead bbq has similar size cut, but are better than 5Gs. In-N-Outs are different, but great. The other interesting fact about ordering fries at In-N-Out is that if you go to the counter and order them, they will not go over and grab fries from a tray that were just cooked. They will cut potatoes and fry them fresh. Many also dont know that you can request them to be cooked shorter or longer depending on preference.
all the Five Guys fries i've tried were soggy.
In-and-Out double-double best $3.30 cheeseburger around (outside of my own kitchen).
i've been driving 100 miles each way to FW for 'em. Eat two on site, bring four back
in a cooler, then frig for next two days. they re-heat nicely.
Whataburger can suck it. They need to up their game dramatically.
their green chile double out west must come east.

Last edited by highplainsrus; 09-03-2013 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM

554 posts, read 745,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtall View Post
I grew up in CA, having an In-N-Out burger under the palm trees. I was spoiled having the best burger known to man at my fingertips.

Now I live in TX, and I was told that nothing compares to Whataburger.

HA! Whatajoke! The burgers I had there were pathetic compared to In-N-Out. The taste does not even compare. In-N-Out serves burgers, I must sadly admit that what Whataburger sells does not deserve to be called a burger.

You Texans have not truly lived until you have had an In-N-Out burger!

I am thankful that there is finally something redeeming about TX, and that is that you now have an In-N-Out burger!!!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ... You must be "burger-baiting" !!!
This "thread" has been discussed/debated ad-nauseum on another thread, hasn't it?
If you're like in Cali and like you like your In-n-Out, GOOD for you!
When y'all're in TEXAS, Whataburger offers the best-built, best-tasting, and reasonably-priced burger.

...'Nuff said ...

Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 AM

137 posts, read 220,155 times
What's a whataburger?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:36 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,783,574 times
In-n-Out has the most bland wormy 'fries' that I've ever had...the disgusting animal style is for the die-hard "I'm cool cause I know a fake secret menu" groupie. The burgers are nothing better than Whataburger...

Old 09-27-2013, 02:25 PM

137 posts, read 220,155 times
^^§ she's jealous

Old 09-27-2013, 02:49 PM

420 posts, read 705,693 times
Why does this thread keep betting bumped? And why would anybody in DFW be jealous of In-N-Out? Both In-n-Out and Whataburger are plenty available all over the area. It's a subjective opinion.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:04 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,855,251 times
Have tried to like In-N-Out, like their philosophy as a company and the cleanliness and freshness of the ingredients, the excellent employees. But, I simply don't care for the burger that much. Sorry. Of the fast food burgers available here, Whataburger is still the king, Wendy's second.... I even prefer a Big Mac and a Whopper to the In-N-Out burger.

It is above Jack In the Box in my line up, but that ain't sayin' much....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas