Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:40 AM

58 posts, read 219,563 times

Advertisements

I have to ask - are ya'll ready for some football?
I'm a LSU fan, but I've lived in SC, VA and TX is next (hubby has been in the Navy and now has a job lined up in TX). I'm super excited to get to settle down and have some friendly football competition!
I don't know about you, but I can't wait til fall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 AM

15,273 posts, read 35,686,859 times
Who?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,218,036 times
I am looking forward to it. The SEC is better in every sport than the Big12. And it seems possible that the SEC could have a television network viewable by people in Texas before the Longhorn Network.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 AM

663 posts, read 1,726,631 times
I'm a Georgia fan and I have to admit I'm not all that excited about the expansion. IMHO, I was excited to add A&M but pretty meh about Missouri. Not only does the East get stuck with the meh team, but Georgia only gets to play the team I was excited to add once every 6 years thanks to the new 6-1-1 scheduling format. I'm also going to miss the frequency of Auburn vs Florida and Georgia vs Arkansas. I really hope the SEC relents and goes to a 9-game schedule in the near future.

But I'm still excited that football season is coming up and I'm really looking forward to the new Big 12 vs. SEC bowl when it starts.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 AM

705 posts, read 1,761,117 times
As an Aggie, I am looking forward to football as I do every year. But I think the first few seasons are not going to be all that fun to watch as we adjust to the new level of competition, and the whole thing is bittersweet because of the loss of the traditional rivalry games.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,777,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88txaggie View Post
as an aggie, i am looking forward to football as i do every year. But i think the first few seasons are not going to be all that fun to watch as we adjust to the new level of competition, and the whole thing is bittersweet because of the loss of the traditional rivalry games.
+1

Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM

5,268 posts, read 6,422,833 times
I think the Ags are going to suffer in the SEC. They didn't realize how good they had it, with a nationally televised game vs UT every holiday and a television ranking which lately has far exceeded their actual ranking, not unlike Notre Dame. They are now out of control of their own destiny as well and really hoping for the continued dominance of Alabama/Florida/LSU for access to the spotlight, and it's unlikely they will win the conference while those teams are doing well. IOW, they went from being A&M in the Big 12 to being the equivelent of Texas Tech in the Big 12.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,043,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88txaggie View Post
As an Aggie, I am looking forward to football as I do every year. But I think the first few seasons are not going to be all that fun to watch as we adjust to the new level of competition, and the whole thing is bittersweet because of the loss of the traditional rivalry games.
Yeah, it's going to be really tough for a while, no doubt. You guys won't be alone, Missouri will be going through the same thing. I'll definitely miss the rivalry games as well. I'll still give my Aggie friends hell when they lose to another SEC team of course but it won't be as much fun...lol.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:34 PM

663 posts, read 1,726,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I think the Ags are going to suffer in the SEC. They didn't realize how good they had it, with a nationally televised game vs UT every holiday and a television ranking which lately has far exceeded their actual ranking, not unlike Notre Dame. They are now out of control of their own destiny as well and really hoping for the continued dominance of Alabama/Florida/LSU for access to the spotlight, and it's unlikely they will win the conference while those teams are doing well. IOW, they went from being A&M in the Big 12 to being the equivelent of Texas Tech in the Big 12.
With the SEC on CBS deal Texas A&M isn't going to be hurting for nationally televised games. Not being able to see a televised SEC game in any market is a bit of a rarity these days. As far as winning conferences, A&M wasn't doing that in the Big 12. I think the Aggies did the right thing by coming to the SEC. They're getting out from underneath Texas' thumb while coming into a solid conference. I just wish the SEC had a better 14th team and a better scheduling plan to go along with the expansion.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:47 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,218,036 times
If you are a fan of sports other than football like I am, the SEC is a great conference for the Aggies. for example the SEC has 8 mens and 10 womens swimming teams, including national powers Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. The Big12 has just three mens teams - Texas, TCU, and WV and just five womens teams. There is a good chance a number of SEC athletes compete in London in few weeks.

I am not saying I am not a football fan - just that my sports radar goes to the Olympic sports and many women's sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas