Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 14,609 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information or better yet has anyone lived or known anyone that has lived in Trinity Cove in Trinity? Specifically River Road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by houstoner; 05-04-2009 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Thread moved from Houston forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 03:47 AM

61 posts, read 401,934 times
Trinity isn't very close to Houston (2.5-3 hours for most people I think), This would have more chances of being looked at by people in the area in the general Texas area...
Just trying to help.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:26 AM

799 posts, read 3,693,899 times
My best friend lives in Trinity and has for about 15 years. I will call her today and ask about the area you are inquiring about.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 14,609 times
thanks for the help! I'll move it over to the general area, I didnt realize it was so far away. Thank you SkyeAnjel I'd greatly appreciate that.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:58 PM

7 posts, read 23,805 times
Default Trinity Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteach View Post
Does anyone have any information or better yet has anyone lived or known anyone that has lived in Trinity Cove in Trinity? Specifically River Road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi! Our son lives in Trinity Cove. They like Trinity because they think God brought them there a couple or so years ago. But, though Trinity is a beautiful area, it could be so much better. The crime rate is pretty high and the "don't care" attitude is also fairly high, but drugs and drinking are very popular. The rent tends to be somewhat cheaper there than closer in to Houston. The work opportunities are almost zero and/or produce almost $0 income, which probably accounts for the crime rate, attitude, and the drug/alcohol problems. Our son works for Trinity County (but moved there as a State employee) and still makes far, far, far less than it takes to raise his six kids on. The people there are pretty much like anywhere else -- you've just got to get to know them and the churches are a good place to start -- there are some great folks there. So, guess the choice is your's. Pretty much any place is what you make of it; but don't go there thinking you're going to get rich unless you know something no one else there knows about, or unless you're already rich. Blessings

redcan

Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,100 times
Default trinity cove

Quote:
We almost bought a house there for retirement but was told by the sheriff in Groveton it was full of meth labs (lots of burned trailers there). The decent people there were scared and evasive. Do not go there unless you are into drugs and prostitution.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 PM

3 posts, read 12,341 times
Quote:
I live in Trinity Cove on Sportsman Dr down the street from River Road, what do you need to know?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:30 PM

3 posts, read 12,341 times
Default Trinity Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyis10 View Post
We almost bought a house there for retirement but was told by the sheriff in Groveton it was full of meth labs (lots of burned trailers there). The decent people there were scared and evasive. Do not go there unless you are into drugs and prostitution.
That was true a few years ago, I have lived here 5 years full time I bought thsi place when it was a new neighborhood (1974) and seen it go down, but it is getting better now with a stronger homeower association. In 2008 the Trinity Cove Improvement Association filed and won 40 nuisance complains on homeowners to clean up. and the local sheriff dept now patrols the neighborhood. and a new Neighborhood Watch .

Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,698 times
I have just found a newspaper (Trinity County Watchman) dated June 11, 1896. and in the upper Rt corner a stamped name & address : Delano Smith, 1102 E. Sunnyside, Houston, TX 77076.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise Bove View Post
I have just found a newspaper (Trinity County Watchman) dated June 11, 1896. and in the upper Rt corner a stamped name & address : Delano Smith, 1102 E. Sunnyside, Houston, TX 77076.
And ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas