Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:32 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I would guess that's along the same thinking of women being able to avoid pregnancy during rape if they want to?

Of COURSE it was a cavity search. How big do you think the cavities are?

And of COURSE it was caught on tape. It was recorded. If it wasn't recorded, we wouldn't be viewing it. Does "caught on tape" to you mean that somebody needed to use a camcorder?

And it was pot...a legal substance in many parts of the country: http://rayandres.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/weed_laws_jpg_220217.jpg

Nothing was twisted but those Texans in uniform. One more reason to never visit Texas.
Singular, not plural. There was only one cop who went way over the line. And your whole "woman being abke to avoid rape? That was a CA judge who said that - what does that have to do with this issue?

You obviously set out to troll your "never visit Texas" mini-rant. Job done. Personally, I really hope you don't, ever, we get visited enough by yankees with dipspit stereotypes in their heads.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Singular, not plural. There was only one cop who went way over the line. And your whole "woman being abke to avoid rape? That was a CA judge who said that - what does that have to do with this issue?
Same mentality and lack of understanding of the female body.

And I made an error in the earlier post. It was avoiding pregnancy via rape, not avoiding rape.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 12-21-2012 at 07:24 AM..

Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,535 times
Well, you have to understand that in TX it's pretty common to go riding around smoking cigarettes - and throwing them out the window - whilst keeping your MJ stash safely lodged in your rectal cavity. It's called "saving the best for last".

The trooper who pulled them over was well aware of this pastime, so when he keenly detected the stench of pot mixed with poo - and noticed a Costco-sized box of Funyuns in the car - he promptly called in reinforcements.

The female trooper could have suggested performing the search at the station, but she was obviously not well-versed in cavity search technique as demonstrated by the single glove approach.

Just another Friday night in north Texas!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:52 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Trooper In Irving Body Cavity Search Lawsuit Suspended « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Quote:
The Texas Department of Public Safety, the state organization who State Troopers work for, say Helleson was put on paid suspension pending the outcome of an investigation into the incident and the lawsuit.

DPS spokesperson Katherine Cesinger tells CBS 11 all troopers are “Obligated to act reasonably so as to comply with the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution as well as the Texas Constitution and other applicable statutory provisions. Any search that unreasonably invades the bodily integrity of a citizen is in violation of the Fourth Amendment and is therefore in violation of DPS policy.”

Old 12-21-2012, 08:38 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,800 times
Well there is no arguing with stupid.

I am not even going to waste my time trying to explain anything to stupid, clueless people.

Your opinion is yours. Good for you.

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Same mentality and lack of understanding of the female body.

And I made an error in the earlier post. It was avoiding pregnancy via rape, not avoiding rape.
You do realize that this is in no way specific to Texas.

Im from LA and in the years I was growing up (the 80's and 90's), the LAPD and the state police had a less than stellar reputation in the area. The NYPD is the same.

This stuff goes on everywhere. Only the blind wouldnt be able to see that.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
So you ask why anyone would visit this state because of an incident that can (and DOES) happen anywhere...?

Seriously?
I agree. I thought "baiting" was not allowed in these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas