Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So they did! I thought for sure he'd rate above Luckenbach or however the hell you spell it.
LOL!! That's right, I think!

They also could have used a real photo of Selena, rather than one from the movie with Jennifer Lopez!

But hey, all in fun!

I couldn't stand Ann Richard's politics, but she is someone I would have liked to have gone to lunch with on a lazy afternoon!

She had a mouth on her, and she could crack me up at times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!! That's right, I think!

They also could have used a real photo of Selena, rather than one from the movie with Jennifer Lopez!

But hey, all in fun!

I couldn't stand Ann Richard's politics, but she is someone I would have liked to have gone to lunch with on a lazy afternoon!

She had a mouth on her, and she could crack me up at times!
She sure did...she was a hoot.

And that pic IS of Selena.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
She sure did...she was a hoot.

And that pic IS of Selena.
Are you absolutely sure about that? If it is, I stand corrected. It looks more like one of the publicity pictures from the movie.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Are you absolutely sure about that? If it is, I stand corrected. It looks more like one of the publicity pictures from the movie.
That's definitely Selena; she didn't look a thing like Jennifer Lopez. Selena had that frizzy hair and enormous mouth.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
That's definitely Selena; she didn't look a thing like Jennifer Lopez. Selena had that frizzy hair and enormous mouth.
Yep. You're right.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,030,205 times
With a few exceptions I'd say that's a pretty good list! That map of Texas is hilarious...lol. I agree that Tommy Lee Jones should have been on the list. He's definitely one of the most famous actors from Texas.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
With a few exceptions I'd say that's a pretty good list! That map of Texas is hilarious...lol. I agree that Tommy Lee Jones should have been on the list. He's definitely one of the most famous actors from Texas.
I thought it was funny that they gave props to Dennis Quaid but not Randy Quaid.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,601,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
CLASSIC and LOVE IT! But dad gum, that Tex-Mex pic sure makes me hungry...

Old 02-07-2013, 01:06 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,601,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree with you for sure on that, TTD. He has the mannerisms and accent down to a "T" when it comes to playing Texas/Southern roles, in particular. I have always been a fan of his movies.

At the same time (not that it matters much in terms of his acting ability), I have read and personally heard a few things which indicate that he is not, as a person, a very likeable guy. In fact, quite standoffish and arrogant. If true (and seems like it is), that isn't Texas manners...

Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,746,469 times
Shallow and flawed.

This is an outsider's view of TX.

Something Annie Proulx would come up with by flipping through a 20 year old stack of D Magazines and Texas Monthlys while sitting in a Starbucks at Terminal D at DFW.

If you lived in TX, then you would know that April and October are why God made TX. You would know about Fredericksburg, the Caprock, and Corpus Christie. You would know who Elmer Kelton and Larry McMurtry were. You would know about the Texas Rangers and Quanah and Comancheria. Davis Mountains surpass Big Bend. Cattle Drives. Come on! Dairy Queen, HELLO! Black Gold! The Alamo! Guns! Freedman colonies! Selena was and still is bigger than those pop tarts - they should not even be listed. Oysters and shrimp. A&M and the Aggies and the Corps. TX has had many great politicians - Sam Rayburn, Eisenhower, Bush, LBJ, etc - Anne got lucky. A great economy? A top school system? Low taxes - what is not to like? MacDonald Observatory. Perot Museum of Science!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: