Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,554,556 times

Advertisements

What about Louisiana?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,109,820 times
I have seen lots of posts asking about jobs in Midland-Odessa and the "oil patch" here in the last year, so I created a post with links to most of those previous threads here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...vmessage118010

Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,152 times
I have no experience in the oil industry i have some experience in refineries but im very determined im just looking for a little help just to be pointed in the right direction im a single father of a 3 yr old little girl. I work construction now but got layed off I live in southern texas if anybody out there can help me out in pointing me to the right person thank you and may god bless you all ..

Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,982,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyabn View Post
I have no experience in the oil industry i have some experience in refineries but im very determined im just looking for a little help just to be pointed in the right direction im a single father of a 3 yr old little girl. I work construction now but got layed off I live in southern texas if anybody out there can help me out in pointing me to the right person thank you and may god bless you all ..
you should start your own thread to get more replies.Midland and Odessa are really booming right now but good luck finding housing.People are living in campers and motels cuz they cant find anything else.The Eagle Ford Shale is also booming.I know there's a refinery in Big Spring for sure but housing will be trouble there too.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 AM

3 posts, read 10,651 times
Default TX HS Coach looking for Oil and Gas work

I am looking to break into the oil and gas sector. I have applied to a few companies but have yet to receive any call backs. I have a Bachelors Degree in History and Spanish from a Major University in Texas. For the past 10 years I have worked as a Teacher and Athletic Football coach in the State of Texas. I have always wanted to get into the oil and gas field, but the years went by. Now I am ready for a change and I am attacking this head on. I am a driven person who would like to just learn. I am firm believer that you have to start somewhere when given a chance, so starting at the bottom for me does not matter since I will work my tail off to go up. Can anyone lead me to the right place or people. Relocating to me does not matter, but I would like to stay close to Texas since I have kids. I have heard that Midland is hiring, and so is Houston and South Texas. What about shift work, I have also heard of being on 14 days and off 14 days. Can someone please give me some information so that I can start this asap. The school year is ending and I would like to have something before the end of the summer. Where should I look? Who should I call? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!!!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,416,837 times
Trican, Orion, and C&J Energy in Corpus Christi are hiring for sure.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 10,651 times
Do you have to have experience gabex for these companies?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM

27 posts, read 105,736 times
Default Experience

Experience is becoming a must more and more now that the fields in south and west Texas are becoming more mature. It's still a possibility but it's going to be tough. Look for the next boom and go there as fast as you can. With fracking technology, They're discovering new plays all the time. Kansas is starting to heat up and so is Montana.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,982,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delagarza2424 View Post
I am looking to break into the oil and gas sector. I have applied to a few companies but have yet to receive any call backs. I have a Bachelors Degree in History and Spanish from a Major University in Texas. For the past 10 years I have worked as a Teacher and Athletic Football coach in the State of Texas. I have always wanted to get into the oil and gas field, but the years went by. Now I am ready for a change and I am attacking this head on. I am a driven person who would like to just learn. I am firm believer that you have to start somewhere when given a chance, so starting at the bottom for me does not matter since I will work my tail off to go up. Can anyone lead me to the right place or people. Relocating to me does not matter, but I would like to stay close to Texas since I have kids. I have heard that Midland is hiring, and so is Houston and South Texas. What about shift work, I have also heard of being on 14 days and off 14 days. Can someone please give me some information so that I can start this asap. The school year is ending and I would like to have something before the end of the summer. Where should I look? Who should I call? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!!!
I would start your own thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delagarza2424 View Post
Get your CDL and your HazMat certifications before starting to look for a job in earnest. You will make a lot more money on the front end. These shouldn't take that long to complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas