Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 425 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
My husband and I will be relocating to El Paso from the Midwest due to Military orders. This will be my first time living near a base as we live a of couple hours from his current base (has been in Reserves going Active).

We are in our 30's, have no kids but do have 2 dogs. I work in a position in which I can work remotely so career options are not an issue currently. I have always wanted to live on the water which clearly isn't happening in the desert but wanted to mention as we enjoy outdoor activities, greenery, nature views, parks, etc.

I have done a lot of research but am still having trouble identifying the best area to live. We are not able to come visit prior to relocation due to time constraints (will likely be moving beginning of Oct). As I mentioned I do have a professional career so both of us will be working. What we are looking for in housing is; single family housing in a safe area with very little crime, AC not Evaporative, pool, would prefer something with a balcony & views of the mountains. Though I do have some Hispanic in me I am not able to speak Spanish so would prefer an area in which English is mainly spoken or at least can be. Also, being that we will be new to the area and are a Military couple it would be great to live near other Military couples.

We are looking to rent as we will only be in El Paso for maybe 3 years. We are looking to hopefully be under $2000 for rent but could do up to $2500. Again, since I will be home often with working remotely I would like a home that has enough space and has the bells & whistles I spoke to. I am hoping you all could provide some insight in which would be the best areas to live. Based on my research so far it sounds like the West or Far East/East. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:56 PM

340 posts, read 609,152 times
Hey, I think you haven't recieved any responses yet because you posted this in the general Texas forum instead of the El Paso forum. (Hopefully the moderator could help out and move this thread to the correct forum.)

I can't really provide any insight on house rentals, but I would strongly suggest the you look into the west side/upper valley areas of El Paso as opposed to the East side. Your budget should go pretty far here. And since you aren't looking for a job here you really don't need to worry about not speaking Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: