Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 06:26 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

This occurred last Thursday before Dallas happened.

Gov. Abbott severely burned in accident; could miss GOP convention
Republican Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas sustained "extensive second- and third-degree burns" on both legs below the knees and both feet - and may miss next week's Republican National Convention as a result, his office said Sunday.

Spokesman Matt Hirsch said Abbott was with his family in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, on Thursday when he was scalded in an accident involving hot water. He declined to provide further details.

Abbott held a press conference in Dallas on Friday, but didn't disclose being burned. Hirsch said that his legs were wrapped at the time, but that wasn't evident since they were covered by his pants.

The only hint anything was wrong, Hirsch said, was that the governor was wearing orthopedic shoes that his staff purchased that morning - rather than the dress shoes or boots he usually dons in public.

"For him it was important not to distract from what was happening in Dallas," Hirsh said.
Good that he is on the road to recovery. I appreciate that he toughed it out to make an appearance and not highlight his issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbing His Castle View Post
I cannot stand that hypocritical, sociopath. Hope he finally gets a dose of the good bacteria.
WTH is wrong with you?! No shame, eh?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
WTH is wrong with you?! No shame, eh?
Hey, I hate to see anyone hurt, but this guy and his ilk are an embarrassment.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:16 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
Quote:
Okay, you have the floor. List several things Abbott has done for the working class people of this State to protect them from the criminal element that runs this State?
Wishing physical illness or pain on someone is unrelated to their job. I am no fan of the man, but I can't say that you sound any better....

Old 07-11-2016, 03:48 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
Quote:
I cannot stand that hypocritical, sociopath. Hope he finally gets a dose of the good bacteria.
Your post is actually counterproductive in that I'm assuming you don't know there is a good bacteria? By your description of Governor Abbott, I'm thinking you probably meant to say a good dose of bacteria, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Social media can be such a big, fat downer at times. Some people seem to be looking for the slightest excuse to post negative, petty, spiteful and downright mean posts. I am no fan of Governor Abbott politically or otherwise, but to wish a man whom I've never personally met (or even if I had) physical harm because I simply don't like him is crazy (in seriously not normal).

It is still amazing me how many people seem to jump at the slightest opportunity to spew negativity and hatred. Don't you ever get tired of it? It is getting so old.

This thread is about Governor Abbott being burned in an accident (see title) and mentioning how he still made it to a press conference in Dallas. If you feel so impelled to offer your personal views of the man and what you would like to see happen to him because of your personal opinions of him, why not start your own thread? A suggestion, you could title it Bash Governor Abbott and you and others who don't care for him could voice your thoughts and opinions. But even at that, I would hope you could manage to keep it at vocal criticism and not openly wish physical harm to someone because you don't like them. Wow, that is (again) pretty crazy.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Okay, you have the floor. List several things Abbott has done for the working class people of this State to protect them from the criminal element that runs this State?
Hyperbole much? Just cus you don't agree with Abbot doesn't mean his administration constitutes a criminal element.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:11 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Quote:
3 posts? Troll for sure.

Gov. Abbot's burns require skin grafts--I wish him well. Burns are one of the most painful injuries to suffer.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:55 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,224,078 times
eh I wouldn't wish death on any political figure you might get the secret service or fbi beating down your front door.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:38 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
Hot springs/geysers or hot tub that nobody bothered to check the temperature on?

Old 07-14-2016, 02:19 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Hot springs/geysers or hot tub that nobody bothered to check the temperature on?
That was my first thought. I want to say that I heard the skin grafting he would need were the bottoms/soles of his feet. If that's the case, I would think maybe hot pavement?

Regardless, 3rd degree burns can be potentially life threatening situations, though I am sure that is not the case with the Governor. There are certainly people who suffer 3rd degree burns only to the extremities and die, usually due to infection and/or fluid imbalance.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 07-14-2016 at 03:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas