Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 02:53 PM

716 posts, read 539,890 times

Advertisements

thats why its called insurance - not health care - we should be able to pick and choose what we want and how much we are will ing to pay for it - since the left wingers took upon the cause the cost has gone up faster than anything else - all because these do-gooders think those lazy sob and illegals should have free crap -

i am so sick and tired having to pay for others mistakes in life - this is another time example of progressive policies screwing those of us who work hard pay taxes and do it the right way -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 10:09 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,227,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

But coverage WAS available in that pre ACA period that included maternity, and you could buy that coverage....or not.
Before the ACA, people with any kind of pre-existing condition couldn't buy decent health insurance at all.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:20 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

But coverage WAS available in that pre ACA period that included maternity, and you could buy that coverage....or not.

What was wrong with people who didn't want that coverage, to elect to purchase coverage that DID NOT include that?....Answer....Nothing.

But oh no, we can't have that level of freedom......Pelosi/Obama/Reid/Ezekiel E./Jonathan Gruber, etc. know better than people themselves what they need .

You have insurance that will cover what you decide to do, so why do you care if others make a different decision?

If someone wants to get pregnant and have a child, but can't afford insurance that covers what they need, then they shouldn't be having a child......they can't afford it.
No, no, no, no, sweetie. I could afford it. Nobody was offering it then. This was private insurance, not through a company. This was 1996-1997. Now let's drop the whole pregnancy having a child thing, which is a choice. Dammit, if you can't afford a pre-existing condition like cancer then don't get cancer.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
thats why its called insurance - not health care - we should be able to pick and choose what we want and how much we are will ing to pay for it - since the left wingers took upon the cause the cost has gone up faster than anything else - all because these do-gooders think those lazy sob and illegals should have free crap -

i am so sick and tired having to pay for others mistakes in life - this is another time example of progressive policies screwing those of us who work hard pay taxes and do it the right way -
And I suppose you pay your insurance premiums either through work or privately, correct? Since you work hard and pay taxes, etc... . Do you expect nothing from those premiums? If not then you're throwing your money down an endless pit.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I did some reading after reading your post. I see what you're talking about now. In the 90s and early 2000s the coverage I had was "called" catastrophic. I had a huge deductable. What was crazy, at least in my mind, was maternity didn't have to be covered in certain states. If I recall that was changed prior to the ACA. Kathryn, do you not think it's insane that a day operation, no overnight stay and pretty simple, costs $45,000? It's not right. I have insurance and it's not going to cost that for me, but what do other people do? It's wrong.
Other people without insurance don't get charged that.

I know this for a fact. Healthcare costs vary significantly from person to person, even within the same facility.

It's all a racket in my opinion. A shell game.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:15 AM

That being said, for all those rooting for universal health care - well, that may be our future and it may work, but just keep in mind that ALL of our options will be limited in ways we are not accustomed to.

For instance, wards. You can say goodbye to private rooms or even semi private rooms in most cases. Elective surgery? Get in line and it may be a long one. Non emergency procedures? Another long line. Over 65 but want a knee replacement? You go WAY down that list.

Oh well, maybe we'll all be OK. I hope so.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
TNXGL

i get exactly what i pay for i use HSA insurance and pay for what i need and what deductible i want - thats called insurance - its not health care

if i want more services i pay for it - if i want lower deductible i pay for it - if i want more coverage i pay for it - simple really

Old 02-12-2018, 07:22 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
For instance, wards. You can say goodbye to private rooms or even semi private rooms in most cases.
Wards won’t be returning. They caused major problems with infection control and a lack of patient privacy. Hospitals went to private rooms for both of those reasons.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Wards won’t be returning. They caused major problems with infection control and a lack of patient privacy. Hospitals went to private rooms for both of those reasons.
Most single payer/government provided health care systems in the world still use wards extensively unless you pay for private insurance on top of your taxes.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Other people without insurance don't get charged that.

I know this for a fact. Healthcare costs vary significantly from person to person, even within the same facility.

It's all a racket in my opinion. A shell game.
The whole thing is a racket. I've been saying that for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas