Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:25 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,478,763 times

Advertisements

This is based off of: Here

From my limited knowledge of Texas cities, here's what I've compiled:

INFP: Marfa
INTP: College Station
INFJ: San Marcos

INTJ: Lubbock

INTJ's tend to be fairly well educated yet pretty conservative. Lubbock, being a small city with the tech-oriented TTU, should make you feel at home.

ISTJ: Amarillo

ISTP: Midland
ISFP: Odessa

I would think those with the SP temperament be more suited for the Oil industry than the other types. And introverts would prefer a smaller city, like Midland or Odessa.

ISFJ: Abilene

ISFJ is one of the most religious types, and you'll feel at home in Abilene with multiple religious universities. And being an introvert, you won't be overwhelmed compared to being in a larger city.

ESFJ: Laredo
ESFP: Corpus Christi

ESTP: San Antonio

ESTJ: Houston

This is what was assigned to Houston in the original article.

ENTP: Austin

ENTP is considered one of the weirdest types, at least among extroverts, so do your part to keep Austin weird!

ENTJ: Dallas

These folks are ambitious go-getters which are fitting for the overall atmosphere in Dallas.

ENFJ: Fort Worth
ENFP: El Paso

Feel free to suggest better alternatives than mine.. this is just to get the ball rolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 07:00 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,259 times
The ball is rolling...

Old 03-26-2018, 09:13 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,373,010 times
well my personality type is commander-emntj....I live in Midland and am a CEO and i really want to take my company to the next level.I love the fracking that goes on here....i like abilene a whole lot since i am a very religious member of the church of Christ....i read we only make 3 percent of the population.I love Midland but i may move at some point....i am extremely ambitious.....great thread,OP.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:05 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,864,734 times
I’m an ISTJ and I wouldn’t live in Amarillo if someone gave me a house there. It’s too flat, too isolated, and too cold in the winter!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:23 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,905,506 times
"INTJ: Lubbock". Maybe, think more of Lajitas. You probably misinterpret INTJ, which most people do-- they don't care about conservative or liberal, as they are a part of neither. You will rarely meet an INTJ. A real INTJ would live in a more rural area next to a city, think Texas Hill Country. A song that a Texas INTJ would listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlqHyKUqVxA

Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,262,235 times
I'm more or less on the border of an ENFJ and ENFP. I don't really have any particular interest in living in either Fort Worth or El Paso, no offence to either place, of course.

I guess I could live in Fort Worth, I like the city pretty well and do alot of business out there, I just prefer the Dallas side of the Metroplex.

I've actually never been to El Paso, so maybe I would really like it, who knows? Google says it's only 3 hours from skiing which would be nice, maybe living on a border town would be really cool? The people who I know who have been there haven't really given it rave reviews, but I would rather form my own opinion.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:20 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,429,417 times
You assume people prefer to live in cities. Not necessarily the case.

I'm INTP and Spousal Unit is ENTP. We much prefer being out here in the boonies.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:25 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,129 times
I have never heard of "Myers-Briggs type", but after a quick glance around the link provided its a small minded exercise of trying to shoe-horn every body in to any one of a number of liberals bastions around the country.

It led off with THE liberal capitol of San Francisco, then followed by Chicago, Boston, Seattle, and so on. Useless psycho babbel.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:01 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,496,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
This is based off of: Here

From my limited knowledge of Texas cities, here's what I've compiled:

INFP: Marfa
INTP: College Station
INFJ: San Marcos

INTJ: Lubbock

INTJ's tend to be fairly well educated yet pretty conservative. Lubbock, being a small city with the tech-oriented TTU, should make you feel at home.

ISTJ: Amarillo

ISTP: Midland
ISFP: Odessa

I would think those with the SP temperament be more suited for the Oil industry than the other types. And introverts would prefer a smaller city, like Midland or Odessa.

ISFJ: Abilene

ISFJ is one of the most religious types, and you'll feel at home in Abilene with multiple religious universities. And being an introvert, you won't be overwhelmed compared to being in a larger city.

ESFJ: Laredo
ESFP: Corpus Christi

ESTP: San Antonio

ESTJ: Houston

This is what was assigned to Houston in the original article.

ENTP: Austin

ENTP is considered one of the weirdest types, at least among extroverts, so do your part to keep Austin weird!

ENTJ: Dallas

These folks are ambitious go-getters which are fitting for the overall atmosphere in Dallas.

ENFJ: Fort Worth
ENFP: El Paso

Feel free to suggest better alternatives than mine.. this is just to get the ball rolling.

Are you telling us there are no 2 cities that the exact same types would prefer ? I mean are Midland and Odessa really any different and DFW come on. Abilene or Waco , who can tell the difference?..

Old 03-31-2018, 09:56 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,212,817 times
I've lived in Dallas and Fort Worth. With some neighborhood exceptions they really are quite different in temperament. I don't wholly subscribe to Myers-Briggs though. I think many people can be a combo of seemingly conflicting personality traits. I, for example, am sometimes an extrovert and sometimes an introvert. How I'd score on the MB would depend on the day I filled it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas