Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:34 AM

716 posts, read 539,193 times

Advertisements

like your bed and room has never been cleaned in a hotel or resort you have stayed at? another MSN bs article trying to tie Trump in to hiring illegals when he clearly was not involved in the hiring of the personnel at the resort

you just cant stand the fact the Trump been successful with lowering taxes, making America first and standing up to the left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
like your bed and room has never been cleaned in a hotel or resort you have stayed at? another MSN bs article trying to tie Trump in to hiring illegals when he clearly was not involved in the hiring of the personnel at the resort

you just cant stand the fact the Trump been successful with lowering taxes, making America first and standing up to the left
how do we know? we are not the one hiring them...

the point is: the GOP only pay lip service to what their voters really want. in short, they are only taking you for a ride. once they are in office, they only care for the big money donors

Old 12-07-2018, 10:57 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
how do we know? we are not the one hiring them...

the point is: the GOP only pay lip service to what their voters really want. in short, they are only taking you for a ride. once they are in office, they only care for the big money donors
I vote Rep most of the time because of fiscal conservatism and the hope that they will one day shrink our bloated federal government. I rarely get what I vote for, so can't say that you are far off base with this synopsis. But you honestly think the Democrats are any different?

Old 12-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I vote Rep most of the time because of fiscal conservatism and the hope that they will one day shrink our bloated federal government. I rarely get what I vote for, so can't say that you are far off base with this synopsis. But you honestly think the Democrats are any different?
first off, im a registered GOP..

at least for the Dems, they dont campaign for lower taxes..they are more for more services etc so that means more taxes for us payers..

for the GOP, they campaign for lower taxes, responsible govt, less government but when they are in power, yes..they lower taxes but at the same time increase spending..where is the responsible govt there?

have you read the article about Trump showing no concern about the debt? he said when it implodes, he wouldnt be there anymore..see that? pretty much thats the thinking of the GOP political class starting with Reagan..at least Bush Sr knew that trickle down economics is voodoo economics and increased taxes which cost him reelection

Old 12-07-2018, 01:22 PM

716 posts, read 539,193 times
and you are telling us the liberals don't cow-tow the the rich and famous Hollywood elite? yes right - tell us they raised 100's of millions of dollars taking 10 buck donations!

both parties take money - but the democrats are the party of sanctuary cities, illegals, free health care to all and high taxes

if thats what you want great - but some of - thank god a-lot of us don't

and please tell me when the last time a car washer or hamburger flipper hired someone? Hummm

Old 12-07-2018, 05:21 PM

as i've said, the democrats will promise what they intend to do once in power. and thats exactly what they do. so if you like their propaganda,you will vote for them

whereas, the GOP will do the opposite of what they promised you when they were courting your vote.

illegal immigration? responsible govt? repeal of obama care? none of that happened even though they control the Senate, Congress and the White House

and you still vote for them despite not doing what they are supposed to do

Old 12-07-2018, 05:47 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
as i've said, the democrats will promise what they intend to do once in power. and thats exactly what they do. so if you like their propaganda,you will vote for them

whereas, the GOP will do the opposite of what they promised you when they were courting your vote.

illegal immigration? responsible govt? repeal of obama care? none of that happened even though they control the Senate, Congress and the White House

and you still vote for them despite not doing what they are supposed to do
At least there is the hope they will do what they campaign on. Charlie Brown with the football yes. But why vote for a dem who WILL do what he promises when what he promises is the exact opposite that I want him to do?

So I'll continue to vote for conservatives hoping that one day there will actually be one that governs that way.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:25 PM

443 posts, read 1,566,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
I have never heard this stereotype that Texans hate Canadians. Maybe you misheard Texans hate Californians? Not saying it is true, but a much more likely stereotype to be made up.

Also, it is interesting how many supporters of Beto xenophobicly bring up Cruz's Canadian birth to support the Democratic Party. It's just weird and disgusting, though the latter is any form of xenophobia. Coming from a lifelong Texan who has never supported Cruz, including in these midterms.
I didn't mis hear the statements, it's not traditional. The Canadian hate started with Trudeau, Conservatives are not fond of him at all. And I didn't say I was the only liberal white guy in Texas.....However, I am firmly in the minority as proven by the voting record by race and sex in the 2018 election. Particularly in East Texas, there were alot of Beto signs here in Frisco. I just mentioned my voting for Beto as a surprise because I don't know how many white people that I have talked to who said that they didn't know any white people that supported Beto, that was generally my queue to make some people upset

Old 12-08-2018, 11:57 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,087,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
I didn't mis hear the statements, it's not traditional. The Canadian hate started with Trudeau, Conservatives are not fond of him at all. And I didn't say I was the only liberal white guy in Texas.....However, I am firmly in the minority as proven by the voting record by race and sex in the 2018 election. Particularly in East Texas, there were alot of Beto signs here in Frisco. I just mentioned my voting for Beto as a surprise because I don't know how many white people that I have talked to who said that they didn't know any white people that supported Beto, that was generally my queue to make some people upset
I'm not sure how anything past the second sentence has to do with my post. I never said or though you were the only liberal white guy in Texas or argued against the authenticity of you seeing or not seeing Beto signs. But, anyway, you "thought Texans don't like Canadians" because Conservatives don't tend to like the current prime minister of Canada?

Old 12-09-2018, 07:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Cue. Kowtow.

And while we're at it, before anyone uses it - moot point, not mute point.

This has been your linguistics lesson for the day.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas