Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 11:35 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,395,093 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all
It seems like this storm season has been way above normal.We have had a lot of tornadoes near where I live.I understand that there have been lots of hail,flooding, and tornadoes in parts of Texas.The hail destroyed my roof.

Also, a couple strong tornadoes came within 10 to 20 miles of my house.It was scary.What are y'alls thoughts on this storm season?Remember turn around,dont drown and stay safe everybody.Hope that it lets up soon.However, I have been enjoying the cooler weather.Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 07:48 AM

2,512 posts, read 2,219,204 times
Wow. Sounds scary. We had to get our roof replaced a few years ago. It was stressful. When my older son was 4 we had a tornado within a few miles of our house and even closer to my son's preschool. It was all I could do not to drive and get him from the school since our house was much safer in a tornado than his tiny preschool. I'm glad I didn't though because the tornado tore up the homes right along the road I drove to his school.

The severe weather season has been pretty quiet around here. We haven't had to take cover once. I'm really grateful for that since our new home doesn't have as many good places to hunker down in as our old house had.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:51 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,395,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Wow. Sounds scary. We had to get our roof replaced a few years ago. It was stressful. When my older son was 4 we had a tornado within a few miles of our house and even closer to my son's preschool. It was all I could do not to drive and get him from the school since our house was much safer in a tornado than his tiny preschool. I'm glad I didn't though because the tornado tore up the homes right along the road I drove to his school.

The severe weather season has been pretty quiet around here. We haven't had to take cover once. I'm really grateful for that since our new home doesn't have as many good places to hunker down in as our old house had.
that preschool tornado story sounds pretty scary too.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:16 PM

11,859 posts, read 26,895,583 times
It's been pretty quiet here in Grapevine, too. We got pea-sized hail a couple of times for a minute or two, but our cars and roof are fine. A couple of limbs fell out of our Bradford Pear trees but that's par for the course. At least our yard has gotten plenty of water and we haven't had to turn on the sprinkler system yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: