Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2020, 05:31 PM

143 posts, read 88,756 times

Advertisements

Hi guys. I'm back with more feedback request about a neighborhood. This time it's Tool. Specifically, the Queens Dr and Kingsway area. Any feedback is appreciated. Safety (running walking), neighborhood activities (shopping or restaurants etc ... ). I've gotten some awesome feedback in the past for neighborhoods in these forums. Really appreciate it.

Thank you for y'all's time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 03:45 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
Anything around Cedar Creek Lake is all going to be pretty similar: lots of mobile homes, lots of petty crime and a few meth labs. Go do a Google street view drive-by, and even though the picture is from last fall, you’ll see what I mean. The street is barely paved, and all the houses are mobile home trailers.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:49 PM

143 posts, read 88,756 times
Thank you Christie! I did do a stroll on google maps. exactly how you described. except i was wondering if it was because it was the time of day the images were taken and if there was more to it than meets the eye. as in things that locals may know. seemed bleak from my preview. that's unfortunate because some parts are sooooo cool and fun.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:25 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
I will say that the west side of the lake is less developed than the east side. Gun Barrel City on the east side is fairly built up, and it also has a lot of drug crime.

Toll will also be a long drive on country roads to get to I45.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 717 times
We bought 2 homes in GBC in Loon Bay this past June. Our street is very quiet and very nice but the area is diverse with some mobile homes and yes drugs. Our friends are in Tool specifically Heather Woods which is gated. It is very nice and they say very safe. I am comfortable walking my German Shepherd to the dock in GBC which is a 6 minute walk from our weekend home there. It's not Dallas but we really enjoy the getting away, slower life, lake, trees, hummingbirds, and occasional cow on the loose. HA HA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas