Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 04:33 PM

9,912 posts, read 6,623,087 times

Advertisements

These two towns share close ties with fairly nearby metros. Which two are more tied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2020, 04:40 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 4 hours ago)

8,360 posts, read 5,521,256 times
In my opinion Waco and Dallas.

The connection between Dallas and Baylor and Houston and A&M is similar, but the economy of Waco is more connected to Dallas.

Old 11-14-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
In my opinion Waco and Dallas.

The connection between Dallas and Baylor and Houston and A&M is similar, but the economy of Waco is more connected to Dallas.
Waco’s economy is definitely more tied in to Dallas, but A&M does more for Houston than Baylor does to Dallas. Sheer size could the reason. It actually annoys me how many A&M engineers are hired by the city.

Both have a lot of connections Even outside of the economy and the schools though.

Old 11-15-2020, 07:39 PM

5,618 posts, read 4,951,353 times
With the Aggie Tollway, CS (don't forget Bryan as well) and Houston will be even more connected. Magnolia and CS will be within a reasonable commute by modern standards. Already, NW Cypress and CS are commutable.

Old 11-15-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
With the Aggie Tollway, CS (don't forget Bryan as well) and Houston will be even more connected. Magnolia and CS will be within a reasonable commute by modern standards. Already, NW Cypress and CS are commutable.
Yah. It’s a tough one for me. Both are connected in different ways. A&M’s Houston connection are far superior to Baylor’s Dallas connections. But Waco’s economy revolve around Dallas a good bit more. College Station has a lot of cultural attractions that revolve around Houston and vice Versa. This is the difference maker to me. And there’s a lot more between CS and Houston than there is between Waco and Dallas. It’s still about even to me, but I think you’re on point here with CS being better set up for the future.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Yah. It’s a tough one for me. Both are connected in different ways. A&M’s Houston connection are far superior to Baylor’s Dallas connections. But Waco’s economy revolve around Dallas a good bit more. College Station has a lot of cultural attractions that revolve around Houston and vice Versa. This is the difference maker to me. And there’s a lot more between CS and Houston than there is between Waco and Dallas. It’s still about even to me, but I think you’re on point here with CS being better set up for the future.
While that will certainly make College Station more connected to Houston, I think it just makes it more even than anything else. I-35 is free and has been there for a long time.

Im trying to think of what would make College Station culturally superior to Waco and I cant really think of anything. Maybe the Bush Library? Thanks to Chip and Joanna, Waco certainly has more to do than B/CS.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
While that will certainly make College Station more connected to Houston, I think it just makes it more even than anything else. I-35 is free and has been there for a long time.

Im trying to think of what would make College Station culturally superior to Waco and I cant really think of anything. Maybe the Bush Library? Thanks to Chip and Joanna, Waco certainly has more to do than B/CS.
A&M games. Messina Hof winery. As you mention, Bush Library. Blue Bell is also close by (basically on the way). Waco has Baylor games but that incomparable to A&M games. Waco has more day to at attraction than Brazos. But Brazos has more attractions that are worth the drive. Which in the end connect them more.

But I wasn’t asking which is better. I was asking which is more connected to its nearby Metro. If you think Waco is better in attractions, I disagree, but I was asking which is has more ties.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
A&M games. Messina Hof winery. As you mention, Bush Library. Blue Bell is also close by (basically on the way). Waco has Baylor games but that incomparable to A&M games. Waco has more day to at attraction than Brazos. But Brazos has more attractions that are worth the drive. Which in the end connect them more.
Waco has Balcones distillery, a much livelier and more walkable downtown, better restaurants, Homestead Heritage, a larger farmers market, and more charming neighborhoods. I think Waco has objectively more to do.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Waco has Balcones distillery, a much livelier and more walkable downtown, better restaurants, Homestead Heritage, a larger farmers market, and more charming neighborhoods. I think Waco has objectively more to do.
Other than Homestead Heritage, these are local to Waco. You’re basically convincing that Waco is better to live in. But not necessarily better to drive to. Waco has objectively more to do as a resident sure. But visitors aren’t going to go out of their way to see the charming neighborhoods. Or farmers market. They’d just stay in Dallas. I noticed you didn’t mention some of Waco’s more notable attractions. The Dr. pepper museum and the Texas ranger hall of fame museum. Those on the other hand are worth the drive.

I’m sure you don’t have to ask this, but Incase you do, the reason Baylor games don’t compensate for A&M games is because Baylor isn’t a legacy CF team as A&M is.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:22 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,013,642 times
Hard question. I want to say Houston and C-stat but I just dunno...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas