Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 AM

7 posts, read 28,652 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am in a similar situation and have to admit I am very nervous. We were in Austin for about 10 years. Then we moved to Houston. Now we are moving to woodway in January. I too have a second grader. I also have a kindergartner and a toddler. I am so nervous and unsure that it is the right move. What neighborhood did you move to? Can I contact you personally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 PM

12 posts, read 26,498 times
there are beautiful wooded lots in Badger Ranch, expensive, probably not in most buyers price range, you get what you pay for

Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
Glad your moving to Waco area, I was born there, theres everything you need in a short drive. Waco is an hour from everything else in Texas.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 AM

hmmm, maybe you drove through the neighborhood too quickly, there certainly are old growth trees on the larger executive lots, maybe not the smaller ones but the neighborhood as a whole has plenty of trees and greenbelt park areas with vegetation. The private lake also has trees, I think you either confused the neighborhood with another or drove thru at night? Full disclosure I am a home owner in the neighborhood.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Thumbs down Badger Ranch

On second thought maybe looking outside Badger is a good idea. I like the neighborhood but the builder has special rules for his friends. Apparently I can't even build a shed with pre-cut lumber from Home Depot even though many neighbors have similiar or substandard structures in their backyard. I hit my breaking point yesterday when a rather heavy set lady was screaming at me from the bank of the lake. Apparently the canoe that is stored in the common area is for her use only and she felt it neccessary to scream from one side of the lake. After my son and I made the trip to her so see if she was OK she informed me that "Steve" (the builder) gives her SPECIAL permission to keep her boat in the common area. Then she proceeded to walk around the lake where we originally were. She didnt even know what the dues were so I suspect "friends of Steve" dont pay HOA dues. I was told I could not keep my trailer outside for even a short period until I gained storage yet "Steve's" friends get to keep their trailers and boats outside year round. The people I bought my house from told me they were treated poorly and now I am starting to see where they were coming from. I have asked the builder repeatedly for contractors to build a shed in the back for storage since the 11K shed that is precut lumber at Home Depot is substandard. I am seriously considering selling and moving out to Hidden Valley where I should have bought in the first place. HOA rules are a good thing and protect property values but when you make special rules for your friends and exceed the boundaries of the rules to profit then it detracts the value. I have lived in dozens of different neighborhoods and this is the first where the builder controls the HOA. It has always been a conflict of interest but I guess not here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas