Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 07:14 AM

1,952 posts, read 837,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Sounds like Sheila Jackson Lee fits that bill.

Shiela is not fit to be dog-catcher. She is nothing more than a rabble-rouser loudmouth, that would NEVER be elected in any other district for anything. She knows her niche and stays there.

That said, Paxton is terrible and also needs to be replaced...but I am not sure ol Louie is the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 05:09 PM

12,975 posts, read 13,430,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Shiela is not fit to be dog-catcher. She is nothing more than a rabble-rouser loudmouth, that would NEVER be elected in any other district for anything. She knows her niche and stays there.

That said, Paxton is terrible and also needs to be replaced...but I am not sure ol Louie is the guy.
My joke post about SJL went right over your head.
I know what she is... and isn’t.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:49 PM

1,085 posts, read 700,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post

I’m not sure Louie is a human.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:38 PM

3,270 posts, read 5,656,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
I’m not sure Louie is a human.
Hell, we're not sure you are. Care to post any proof?

Old 12-01-2021, 05:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,289,237 times
All I can tell you is that Louie Gohmert represents the Tyler area and I've known him for many years. He is very active in his district, at functions that attract all sorts of differing demographics. He takes care of people whenever he becomes aware of a need. He is a gentleman. He's also no dummy. Don't underestimate him.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:19 AM

9,907 posts, read 10,855,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All I can tell you is that Louie Gohmert represents the Tyler area and I've known him for many years. He is very active in his district, at functions that attract all sorts of differing demographics. He takes care of people whenever he becomes aware of a need. He is a gentleman. He's also no dummy. Don't underestimate him.
Indeed! I believe he would be an excellent AG for Texas.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:39 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 26 days ago)

8,470 posts, read 5,609,456 times
Quote:
We often dont separate a person from their political ideas vs. how that are as a person.

Im not commenting on him personally, and Im sure hes a decent man. However, some of his ideas are downright crazy. Hes almost Marjorie Taylor Green level crazy. Id almost rather Paxton stay there even though hes a crook.

Last edited by As Above So Below...; 12-01-2021 at 07:50 AM..

Old 12-01-2021, 09:13 AM

24,093 posts, read 15,203,907 times
The Gohmert resume sounds like a very bright person. I thought he was just playing dumb until I heard his daughter's song about fathers.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:16 AM

1,085 posts, read 700,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Hell, we're not sure you are. Care to post any proof?
Gladly. Provide a time and place.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:51 AM

573 posts, read 340,315 times
Quote:
You're right he is smart to tune in to his district's beliefs (whether or not they are his own beliefs or not) --Anti-Semite and Islamophobic, and Anti-LGBQT and homophobic. Basically, anyone not christian, straight, and white.

“In Tyler, Texas, he fits right in,” said Jim Arnold, 81, a Gohmert friend and supporter who is retired from the oil and gas business. “I don’t look at him at him as being controversial. I look at some of these other people as being brain-dead. I wish we had more people like Louie.”
https://www.texastribune.org/2012/08...works-gohmert/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas