Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 7,088 times

Advertisements

No wonder you don't like Texas, you lean way left, politically.
Head to California where despotism can be taken pure without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 03:54 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Sounds like to me that's more of a work environment situation and not really indicative of New Orleans/Louisiana people on a day to day basis. Trust me many moons ago, I could recall 3 *******s on my job site being from Louisiana. Couldn't stand them. 2 were from New Orleans and 1 was from some small town in Cajun Country. Yet there were a couple other Louisiana people who were friendly as hell. I've also meet plenty of negative Houstonians at plenty of jobs I've had. If I based cities and states on interactions I've had at work with people than I'd probably hate every state and city in this country.

I judge a city/state based off my overall experiences in that particular area. Like I said, I was in Miami for 3 days and it was the WORST experience I had when it came to interacting with people. Now even though I do have somewhat of a negative perception of Miami, I'm willing to give it another try the 2nd go around. I also know Miami isn't like the rest of Florida even if your state has the WORST DRIVERS too. LOL

But I've been to New Orleans and Louisiana too many times to say it's a state full of rude aggressive people. Maybe some are like that because of the transition from New Orleans to a more hustle and bustle fast paced city like Houston but in my experience New Orleans in particular is one of the most hospitable cities in the south. The love me and my Wife received during our Wedding from locals wouldn't have happened in Houston or anywhere in Texas. Where in Texas can I get a local band to perform at our wedding, do a 2nd line in the neighborhood(Garden district) and have neighbors and random people walking by, in their cars join our 2nd line for our special day and shower us with well wishes and hugs and smiles?

Man I can remember almost getting into a fight in a road rage incident while I was on my way to attend one of my friends weddings in Houston. Which that's typical of Houston while driving. But you know *shrugs*
If I see Florida or Louisiana license plates while driving--AVOID! Last weekend, it was gridlocked on 99 Grand Parkway and was hoping that this Louisianan would let me merge from the Cinco Ranch Blvd entrance ramp. Kept on blocking me and luckily a fellow Houstonian let me in.

That was mild considering that right before Christmas, a Floridian was supersonically climbing the flyover from I-10 EB to SH-99 SB. I just couldn't believe that he suddenly switched to the right lane to pass us and then back to the left before the fork to get back to a friend/relative's house in Cinco Ranch. I guess the SE states tolerate such bad driving, unlike the rampant speed traps around Houston/Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Youve never been to Houston I guess.
Cinco Ranch/Katy was sold to me as a predominantly white neighborhood 20 years ago. Can't believe that it became the second most popular hot spot for Venezuelan-Americans. The Cinco Ranch Target definitely needs the bilingual signs! I couldn't believe that the renovated Memorial City Target lacks bilingual signage, despite being a short bus ride along Gessner from Sharpstown/Gulfton.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:07 PM

11,835 posts, read 8,033,043 times
Floridian drivers do drive shockingly aggressively compared to their stereotype of an retired old person barely able to make out the road doing 20 under the limit in the left lane. I was on I-95 between Jacksonville and I-4 and I swear the general flow of traffic on that road was between 90 and 100 MPH.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:09 AM

1,952 posts, read 830,397 times
So....did the OP find a reason in his odd list to stay?

I bet he did not leave. People love to whine about Texas...then stay here.

Old 03-21-2022, 10:05 AM

12 posts, read 6,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
So....did the OP find a reason in his odd list to stay?

I bet he did not leave. People love to whine about Texas...then stay here.
My solution: Page 11.

How did you miss that?

Old 03-21-2022, 10:13 AM

1,952 posts, read 830,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo194 View Post
My solution: Page 11.

How did you miss that?

Well, you have to admit the thread went all over the place and your original list was an odd compilation of complaints.

As a native here...I see post upon post of people that come to TX and complain about darned near everything. It is as if they did not research at all....hello....it is pretty easy to research this state and find out what it is like here, from housing to the weather to the political climate.

Some just love to complain and to be honest...there is no perfect place to live.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:56 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Floridian drivers do drive shockingly aggressively compared to their stereotype of an retired old person barely able to make out the road doing 20 under the limit in the left lane. I was on I-95 between Jacksonville and I-4 and I swear the general flow of traffic on that road was between 90 and 100 MPH.
On another stretch of I-95, I was leaving the Boca Raton Mall to the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I was trapped in the mall for an hour after a torrential downpour. Was greeted from behind by a supercar speeding 80-90 MPH on the wet asphalt in 9pm darkness. Couldn't believe everybody else on the slightly empty highway was going 70 despite the showers.

Like Houston, Miami has tropical downpours towards summer, but the Miamians definitely don't adjust to inclement weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas