Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:59 AM

670 posts, read 2,999,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
the first post of the thread is odd......asking about execution of mentally ill and then stating they are looking for a group home for mentally ill. am i the only one that thinks it's odd?
I thought it was odd too, either to produce an inflammatory thread or maybe someone really is that ignorant about Texas (wouldn't be the first time).

Old 09-02-2008, 06:43 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
You do realize that the death penalty predates the existence of movies and television, right? By centuries?

That being said, "prosecutors" don't pick and choose the crimes that qualify for the death penalty. The people of Texas, through their legislators, retain that right.

Suggestion: google Kenneth McDuff and Texas. See what you find.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want1too View Post
like are they given lethal injections or put in the chair and have 50,000 kw of electricty in them.

i'm looking for an adult group home for the mentally ill in houston area?
Odd second part to your question, but to answer the first part. Yes Texas executes the mentally ill as does every other blood thristy state that sanctions it.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want1too View Post
like are they given lethal injections or put in the chair and have 50,000 kw of electricty in them.

i'm looking for an adult group home for the mentally ill in houston area?
???

Maybe you should post this in the Houston forum. As far as group homes for mentally ill, are you looking for a quick-kill shelter, an extended reprieve shelter, or a no-kill shelter? Also, do you prefer phenobarbital, potassium chloride, or an opiate cocktail for the final injection? We can accomodate almost any preference.

Some states still utilize the chair, but Texas has moved to all lethal injections. I think it is Montana that gives the condemned a choice between gas, the chair, hanging, lethal injection or firing squad. I like that.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
I thought it was odd too, either to produce an inflammatory thread or maybe someone really is that ignorant about Texas (wouldn't be the first time).
Sure -- an idiot trolling from the Political Section hoping to see a fight.

Truth is most of the mentally ill here in Texas tend to die homeless in the street or in some sort of half-way home, or a "guest" of the county (jail or county hospital) or even the Sally (Salvation Army) front steps.

Same as in most of America.

Really do not understand why the poser-level libs -- like the OP -- do not tend to give a rat's ass about the mass suffering, but instead cry for criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: