Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:44 AM

44 posts, read 142,837 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can buy Kolachky (Czech)near Bedford? I just don't feel like driving to West this weekend. This is for my husband's birthday on Saturday. Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
kolaches---and no there is NO place near Bedford for good kolaches
I have driven past some places in some other towns in MidCities/FTW that advertise that on their signs but have not eaten any...
we have always joked that when my husband retires he will open a kolache shop and I will run it and he will play golf...well, that is not happening--you have to start work at 2 am when you do something like that...
but I think there might be a market for one--donuts are so done and breakfast tacos aren't the same thing...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:37 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,378,461 times
wow i am surprised that there are no places in the mid-cities for good kolaches! i used to buy good ones in Jacksboro at the donut shop on the square all the time.
hre in central texas/hill country, kolache places are EVERYWHERE (or at least donut places that sell kolaches)!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:04 PM

808 posts, read 3,647,165 times
I haven't found a place in the urban Metroplex that has good kolach. Ennis has a couple of good places, if you want to drive down there.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,378,461 times
amazing. there ya go. untapped market in the metroplex FOUND...and DFW metroplex is big enough to support quite a few. HINT: i can tell you from my experience working in hospitals, it is a frequent occurence for us nurses and docs to bring in donuts, kolaches, pigs in the blanket, rolls, etc to work for the unit/clinic/group/office. especially when we are running late....you get forgiven easily ha ha....so place one in an easy access area near one of the larger hospitals/hospital districts. JPS Hospital Network/Harris Methodist Hospital/Columbia HCA Plaza Medical Center etc!
so come on entrepeneurs....investors....DFW metroplex should not be deprived of good kolaches, come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
I haven't found a place in the urban Metroplex that has good kolach. Ennis has a couple of good places, if you want to drive down there.

Last edited by NOTAM; 10-24-2008 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: add

Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,187 times
Call around to some doughnut shops...the non chain variety especially. People bring them in to work all of the time, so I know they are out there somewhere.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,771,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
kolaches---and no there is NO place near Bedford for good kolaches
I have driven past some places in some other towns in MidCities/FTW that advertise that on their signs but have not eaten any...
we have always joked that when my husband retires he will open a kolache shop and I will run it and he will play golf...well, that is not happening--you have to start work at 2 am when you do something like that...
but I think there might be a market for one--donuts are so done and breakfast tacos aren't the same thing...
LOL Everytime I go through West I always remark that one of these days I'm going to open my own Czech Stop on 35 in the Burleson area. Like you, it ain't going to happen. I have wondered if I could entice some of those good bakers to relocate up this way, then that'd put a whole good slant on the situation.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,459 times
There was a lady at another company where I used to work that would bring kolaches in to the office from time to time but I don't remember where she got them from. This was in Dallas, btw. The ones in West are far better, though, imo!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:40 AM

714 posts, read 2,932,154 times
There is the Kolache Station in Plano, TX (I know that is not Bedford) but they do make great Kolaches.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM

202 posts, read 807,399 times
Czech Stop in West will ship to you. I think the Smokehouse does as well. If you call some of the other bakeries they might too.

Czech Stop
(254) 826-4170
The Czech Stop of West, Texas

Old Czech Smokehouse - West
(254) 826-3309
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: