Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:35 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,777,757 times

Advertisements

Anybody going to any of the partys near you?

I will be at the one in Austin....

See the link for times and locations.
Tax Day Tea Party » Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,315,210 times
The Boston Tea Party was protesting taxation without representation.
Obama and the Democratic Congress were elected fairly and squarly.

This is pointless.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:20 PM

469 posts, read 1,452,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post

This is pointless.
Could not have said it better.
Reps for you, my friend!

Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,777,769 times
I've got to say I don't know too much about all this so called representation myself. Seems like our two main parties spirit these people up from nowhere and shove them down our throats. People who seem to be johnny come latelys that I've never even heard of before and strangely enough > bingo, they're in.

We sit back, pay our taxes and gripe while they give our country away. This government is stepping in, taking over private enterprise which makes me wonder, how about you? I've heard all my life that China would take us over and never fire a shot. Got to say, it's very believable now, that's for sure. What a sad state of affairs. Just my two cents worth.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:16 PM

398 posts, read 1,417,782 times
Quote:

This is pointless.

federal income tax is unconstitutional...

Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,934,908 times
Quote:

This is pointless.
When was the last time you got to vote on whether the Federal Income Tax should exist, how much it should be, and what it should be spent on?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,878,333 times
Yea, Obama seems to be representing the bankers and corporate interests quite nicely at the expense of the small businesses and other citizens not receiving government subsidies. I'll be attending the one in Fort Worth. I'll probably be sporting a Jefferson quote on central banking. Fight the power.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,241,269 times
We'll be on vacation but already have plans to attend the one in Omama NE. I need a good sign slogan.....any other suggestions?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,046,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
When was the last time you got to vote on whether the Federal Income Tax should exist, how much it should be, and what it should be spent on?
When was the last time you got to vote on what time the bell should ring at the public school down the street, or where the stop signs ought to be put, or whether city hall employees ought to get new computer monitors?

Well,nobody from my neighborhood will be protesting. Nobody around here makes enough money to think their tax burden is particularly high. I guess the tea party will be taking place at the country club, and most of us can't afford the bus fare, or to take a day off without pay. The bus route doesn't even go near the country club.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,934,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
When was the last time you got to vote on what time the bell should ring at the public school down the street, or where the stop signs ought to be put, or whether city hall employees ought to get new computer monitors?
Show me where you are guaranteed representation on those issues by the documents the politicians controlling them swore oaths to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas