Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 PM

29 posts, read 122,671 times

Advertisements

While I was in Vegas this weekend, I was chatting with an In-N-Out employee, and I told her how much I wished there were In-N-Out burgers in Houston. She responded saying, "You know we're going to have locations in Texas before the end of 2011, right?" I told her that I'd heard several similar rumors for the past few years, but nothing ever comes from those.

She then told me that I could believe her or not believe her, she didn't care, but she was specifically asked to move to Dallas for the first location after the infrastructure was set up later this year.

I called In-N-Out's customer service line (the agent said she worked at corporate) and she said something very close to the following after I asked her to confirm my story: "I can say the next state that we will be in is Texas. We will definitely be skipping over New Mexico and we will be in Texas very soon. I can't give you a firm date on when we'll be there, but we will be in the market."

I just pray that they open a Houston location soon after Dallas. Sad that Dallas is getting it first...I absolutely can't wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo View Post
While I was in Vegas this weekend, I was chatting with an In-N-Out employee, and I told her how much I wished there were In-N-Out burgers in Houston. She responded saying, "You know we're going to have locations in Texas before the end of 2011, right?" I told her that I'd heard several similar rumors for the past few years, but nothing ever comes from those.

She then told me that I could believe her or not believe her, she didn't care, but she was specifically asked to move to Dallas for the first location after the infrastructure was set up later this year.

I called In-N-Out's customer service line (the agent said she worked at corporate) and she said something very close to the following after I asked her to confirm my story: "I can say the next state that we will be in is Texas. We will definitely be skipping over New Mexico and we will be in Texas very soon. I can't give you a firm date on when we'll be there, but we will be in the market."

I just pray that they open a Houston location soon after Dallas. Sad that Dallas is getting it first...I absolutely can't wait.
That's nice. A little annoyed by the new burger joints. Texas seems to be getting lots of them lately.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 16 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo View Post

They're going to have tons of competition if and when they do build. Some chains have tried and failed in the past, so therefore, it can be risky. To give you an idea of how intense said competition is, Carl's Jr is trying to make inroads for the second time in thirty years in the D/FW area.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,140,723 times
Wow that cashier was rude. I hope they aren't like that if they do open here. "You can believe me if you wan't, I don't care?" Wow. Sounds kind of B_ _ _ _ y.

You were just trying to explain that you had heard the same rumors before...

I guess if they open a distribution center here they could jump to the market since that seems to be the hurdle they are facing.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:49 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Wow that cashier was rude. I hope they aren't like that if they do open here. "You can believe me if you wan't, I don't care?" Wow. Sounds kind of B_ _ _ _ y.
It's Vegas after all!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,956,038 times
In & Out would be ok--I'm just thrilled Weinerschnitzel has opened in the valley!

Old 04-03-2010, 11:17 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times
Dear God please not another In-N-Out thread!

If we get one, we get one, if we don't, we don't...no big deal. Texas has enough burger joints already to last us till the end of time.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:05 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dear God please not another In-N-Out thread!

If we get one, we get one, if we don't, we don't...no big deal. Texas has enough burger joints already to last us till the end of time.
I agree. I dont really care. In-N-Out is far from the best hamburger Ive ever had. Even living in LA, I rarely ate there.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
Geeee just what Texas needs.........ANOTHER fast food hamburger joint. I guess Whataburger, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Wendys, Jack N The Box, Burger King or any other burger barn just isn't good enough for all these California transplants.

I guess bringing your food joints is a much better alternative than bringing your taxes, pollution, liberal politics and the multitude of problems the "Golden State" has.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:14 PM

29 posts, read 122,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Geeee just what Texas needs.........ANOTHER fast food hamburger joint. I guess Whataburger, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Wendys, Jack N The Box, Burger King or any other burger barn just isn't good enough for all these California transplants.

I guess bringing your food joints is a much better alternative than bringing your taxes, pollution, liberal politics and the multitude of problems the "Golden State" has.
I'm from Louisiana/Texas, but I still haven't found a fast food hamburger *half* as good as In-N-Out, and it's not because I haven't tried. I've been to:

Whataburger (didn't like)
Dairy Queen (grew up with, didn't like)
Steak N Shake (very good, but not In-N-Out good)
Tornado Burger (disgusting)
Five Guys (edible)
Southwell's (barely edible)
Burger Shack (ehhhh, ok, but not worth going back to)

...and many more. In-N-Out defines what a hamburger should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas