Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 PM

19 posts, read 65,306 times

Advertisements

You are exactly correct on this...however, there is Davis Blvd, etc and other roads, ways, etc to escape getting on 820. When I am visiting my daughter, I never have to get on it. There is construction on all major thoroughfares in the entire DFW area....for miles..N, S, E, W..it is impossible to miss unless you make the effort to learn the back ways.......purchase a GPS.

Let's face it, if anyone moves to a large metro area, one is going to have to deal w/traffic, delays, construction, etc. There is no way to avoid it. FW is a beautiful city......the same goes for San Antonio but I would never move to either of them now because of the congestion. Unfortunately, 'road rage' exists also........people in these large cities are in such a hurry, have lost all sense of propriety, manners, patience and it is very contagious. We are so stressed when we leave these areas. Big cities, no thanks....but being of the 'retired' status allows us options. I understand the younger working force of America doesn't have that option. There are some benefits to growing older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 06:30 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,979,752 times
We still need to know where the OP's spouse would be working in order to make any informed recommendations. As someone who has lived in FW proper for a total of about seven years spread over two time periods, I would actually recommend Ft Worth itself unless the job site is really going to be close to/in Dallas itself.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 9,671 times
Thanks to all of you that have replied, I really appreciate it! I think the areas that I've been looking at are the south-western area of Plano and Irving. I hear that the Plano school district is really good.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi4112 View Post
Thanks to all of you that have replied, I really appreciate it! I think the areas that I've been looking at are the south-western area of Plano and Irving. I hear that the Plano school district is really good.
Plano schools are great, but again, where is your spouse going to be working?

If he is working near Ft Worth that is one thing, closer to Dallas is another. Some great areas as well as Plano are Flower Mound, Southlake, Keller, Grapeview and yes, Irving for starters. Your housing budget will play a part as well.

Nita

Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 AM

5,447 posts, read 7,740,196 times
The Dallas-Fort Worth metro area is has a population of over 6 million and covers over 9,000 square miles which makes it larger than the state of New Jersey.

There are good schools and nice neighborhoods within easy commuting distance of just about any of the major job centers in the metroplex. But it would be insane to be talking about neighborhoods before you know where you'll be commuting from. Dallas and Fort Worth are are not adjacent cities separated by a river or something like Minneapolis/St Paul or Washington DC/Arlington. Where you only have to cross a bridge to get from one city to the other. They are both large sprawling cities separated by about 40 miles of some of the most congested freeways in the country. I'd rather put a bullet in my head then live in Dallas and commute to Fort Worth, or vice versa.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,818 times
Hi I'm a single mom and Relocating to austin tx,have a 16 and 13year old,can somebody tell me if the schools are good and I'm looking for patient care tech work would i have any problems looking for work??.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas