Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I loved those double deckers. The Bib Boy statues have been pretty much relegated to yard art, here.
wow, this brings back memories of high school and before. When my dad was over seas during WW2 (tells you my age) we used to go to Bobs almost every Sunday afternoon. When in high school it was our hangout. Not the one in Burbank (although we used to go there) but the one in Eagle Rock. It wasn't a drive in though.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
UGH!!! Why so close minded? Just try it the real way and if you don't like it, at least you'll know. How boring to never try anything different.
I didn't say I never try anything different, I just said I prefer mustard on a basic burger. I've tried all kinds of burger places different sauces, and I've never found anything I've liked better. I do like BBQ sauce on burgers, and I eat burgers with all kinds of toppings. I like them with avocado, sprouts, blue cheese, green chilis, pineapple, grilled onions and jalapenos, pretty much anything.

Just because I prefer mustard and you prefer sauce does not make me boring, just different from you.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:31 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Quote:
Why not be open minded and try it? The worst thing is that you didn't like it, but you won't know unless you try. I've had In-N-Out probably over 1000 times in my life and I've never heard of a mustard burger. Their spread is similar to thousand island, but not sweet, it's awesome. Double Double Animal Style is heaven on a bun. They also have a secret menu with items that are only known via word of mouth like Animal Fries, grilled cheese, etc.
Because I am 50 yrs old and have never ever liked sauce on my burgers. I've eaten it when I had no choice, as in others bought it for me, or when I didn't know that's what it was. I just don't like it.

McDonald's, which uses a sauce also similar to 1000 island on their Big Macs, Stove Top stuffing and the hush puppies from a particular restaurant all have a particular spice or seasoning in it that when I eat it I throw it up within 30 minutes. Sadly I never know which sauce has it in it until I've eaten it and the stomach is already rolling.

So, no sauce for me double when I have never tried it before. Thanks but no thanks.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Because I am 50 yrs old and have never ever liked sauce on my burgers. I've eaten it when I had no choice, as in others bought it for me, or when I didn't know that's what it was. I just don't like it.

McDonald's, which uses a sauce also similar to 1000 island on their Big Macs, Stove Top stuffing and the hush puppies from a particular restaurant all have a particular spice or seasoning in it that when I eat it I throw it up within 30 minutes. Sadly I never know which sauce has it in it until I've eaten it and the stomach is already rolling.

So, no sauce for me double when I have never tried it before. Thanks but no thanks.
When my mother got older she deveolped an allergy to MSG, which precluded her from eating a lot of seasonings and sauces.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
When my mother got older she deveolped an allergy to MSG, which precluded her from eating a lot of seasonings and sauces.
Interesting, though whatever this is started when I was a teen and had my very first Big Mac (and last one for a long time before ever I tried it again-with the same results)

Old 06-24-2010, 11:19 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,128,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, this brings back memories of high school and before. When my dad was over seas during WW2 (tells you my age) we used to go to Bobs almost every Sunday afternoon. When in high school it was our hangout. Not the one in Burbank (although we used to go there) but the one in Eagle Rock. It wasn't a drive in though.

Nita
small world, my grandmother lived a couple blocks from the big boy in eagle rock so Ive eaten there a lot back in the day.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
small world, my grandmother lived a couple blocks from the big boy in eagle rock so Ive eaten there a lot back in the day.
wow, it is a small world!!! We just drove through it about 2 months ago. The little town hasn't changed all that much, but if you speak English you might have trouble reading many of the signs.

Nita

Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, it is a small world!!! We just drove through it about 2 months ago. The little town hasn't changed all that much, but if you speak English you might have trouble reading many of the signs.

Nita
I grew up in Eagle Rock and we lived in Burbank for 9 years, I'm intimately familiar with both of those Bobs.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 PM

4 posts, read 6,538 times
This is the best news EVER! I just moved to Texas from Oregon and they are some darned good burgers! I know people that ship them to friends (they're definitely better fresh!).

Old 06-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I grew up in Eagle Rock and we lived in Burbank for 9 years, I'm intimately familiar with both of those Bobs.
Wow, my parents moved to Eagle Rock when I was 4 months old. They bought their first house there. Of course eventually they moved to a larger place and while I was in high school they bought in San Rafeal Hills but I had a permit to go to Eagle Rock High, so did my younger brothers.

I am sure this is way before your time though.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas