Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is better, in your opinion?
Williams Tower (Houston) 34 52.31%
Bank of America Tower (Dallas) 28 43.08%
Neither, another building elsewhere in Texas is better! 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
People have opinions, but I think most are voting BOA because they live in Dallas and it's shiny at night.

And Ive noticed all the Houstonians that are voting BoA too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You're kidding me right? Dallas' Galleria has one lonely residential tower & its not even that tall compared to Houston's Galleria which has many. I can think of 7 or 8 high rise residentials over 300 ft. tall just off the top of my head, several which were built just within the past 10 years.

Uptown Houston's Tallest Residential Towers:

Four Leaf Towers I - 444 ft.
Four Leaf Towers II - 444 ft.
The Mercer - 400 ft.
1200 Post Oak - 359 ft.
Dominion Post Oak - 351 ft.
The Mark - 334 ft.
Cosmopolitan - 315 ft.
Villa d'Esta - 308 ft.

No, Im not kidding. Feels the same. Autocentric.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
No, Im not kidding. Feels the same. Autocentric.
You're alone on this one. Even your fellow Dallas posters are saying different. Galleria area Dallas/Addison is nothing like Uptown Houston. Looking at photos, they don't even look alike from photos. Uptown definitely has more pedestrian traffic, too. The only thing similar is that they both have a mall named The Galleria.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:40 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
You're alone on this one. Even your fellow Dallas posters are saying different. Galleria area Dallas/Addison is nothing like Uptown Houston. Looking at photos, they don't even look alike from photos. Uptown definitely has more pedestrian traffic, too. The only thing similar is that they both have a mall named The Galleria.
And the Westin Hotel and a Ice skating rink....yeah Houstn Galleria area is denser....not really better tho.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Never said there werent more buildings/highrises, but it still feels the same. Hopefully in the future with redevelopment it can be transformed into more of a pedestrian friendly urban environment.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:54 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
And the Westin Hotel and a Ice skating rink....yeah Houstn Galleria area is denser....not really better tho.
Oh please...everybody goes to North Park now. You know that, I know that, everybody knows that. Dallas' Galleria suffered a major hit after North Park's expansion/remodel several years back.

Houston's Galleria is still stronger than ever after almost 40 years.

How's the shopping in DOWNTOWN Dallas where BOA is?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I find those towers to look pretty nice, actually. They give Uptown that LA look. Those chrome signage/bus stops don't hurt either. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the light rail line.
Especially with all of the palm trees in Uptown/Galleria.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Oh please...everybody goes to North Park now. You know that, I know that, everybody knows that. Dallas' Galleria suffered a major hit after North Park's expansion/remodel several years back.

U are right!!!!!....it is STILL strong after 40 years.....but it should be...its the only mall in Houston....and trust me its starting look 40 around there.......c'mon matt...not today....

Old 05-07-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:

The shopping is about as good as DT Houstons....

The Galleria is still strong, Dallas just has more quality choices.

Anyways, like I said hopefully in a few years with redevelopment Uptown Houston can become more urban.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The shopping is about as good as DT Houstons....

The Galleria is still strong, Dallas just has more quality choices.

Anyways, like I said hopefully in a few years with redevelopment Uptown Houston can become more urban.
Houston's Metro light rail will connect Downtown to Uptown in the coming years, its already in the building stages. There are Metro bus stops all around Galleria/Uptown. Houston has one of the largest & most ridden bus fleets in the US, even larger than DART & Fort Worth's put together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas