Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Tornadoes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,689,212 times

Advertisements

What the hell is going on with the weather anymore!!!!?????

"What in the world is going on in the heartland of America? Spring has barely even begun and we are seeing communities all over America being ripped to shreds by gigantic tornadoes. "

Why Is The Heartland Of America Being Ripped To Shreds By Gigantic Tornadoes That Are Becoming More Frequent And More Powerful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Tornadoes have always had a presence in the heartland. It only seems more destructive because cities and towns have spread out. Suburban neighborhoods that are being torn to shreds in 2012 were only grassland/farms in 1912. Not to mention with today's technology, it's easier to record and detect tornadoes.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,748,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Tornadoes have always had a presence in the heartland. It only seems more destructive because cities and towns have spread out. Suburban neighborhoods that are being torn to shreds in 2012 were only grassland/farms in 1912. Not to mention with today's technology, it's easier to record and detect tornadoes.
Yep.

The government isn't trying to selectively depopulate the US to reach its NWO goal of only 500 million people by using HAARP technology to control the weather (yet).

Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
The jet stream has been altered for one thing. AIR that had a natural flow that we adapted too now tends to change and just by bad luck..swirling patterns appear...once the weather is altered ONCE..I

Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The jet stream has been altered for one thing. AIR that had a natural flow that we adapted too now tends to change and just by bad luck..swirling patterns appear...once the weather is altered ONCE..I

CONTINUED: once it is altered..weather becomes habitual to that alteration...in other words...a new behavior is established...The first set of storms created a new pattern that repeats...I would say that warming and global cooling is responsible..we no longer have a balance of the two..

Old 04-04-2012, 05:08 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,004,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I second this comment.

It's also been unusually hot this particular Spring, which leads to a more advanced Spring state earlier on, and thus tornado outbreaks occur earlier than usual. Last Spring of course had strong low pressure systems driven by a stronger than normal jet stream that provided the juice for tornado outbreaks, and it was a record year. So I can see how it can seem that both 2011 and 12 can appear unusually active, but there's nothing in 2012 to suggest an active season, just an early one, much less that the entire heartland is going to be ripped to shreds. Tornadoes, for all the destruction they can cause, have only very tiny areas that they destroy or damage. Even if it's a record-smashing year in the Great Plains, if you live there chances are you will not be damaged by a tornado.

Quote:
The government isn't trying to selectively depopulate the US to reach its NWO goal of only 500 million people by using HAARP technology to control the weather (yet).
Even if HAARP-driven weather control is a real phenomenon, and I don't think it is, tornadoes are just about the most inefficient way possible to depopulate a country or state, due to their tiny areas of destruction. Hurricanes, very strong non-tropical storms, and floods do a much better job. I believe we will be seeing more strong non-tropical storms in the future (indeed there has been a major uptick all over the world in recent years) due to global climate change towards a colder and stormier (and eventually drier) climate, but that has nothing to do with government weather control.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:47 AM

83,542 posts, read 75,390,209 times
This will probably stir a debate, or it might just open some minds.

First and foremost I do believe we lived in quiet times(past 100years), I do believe weather is becoming more extreme, I do believe we are clueless that all this was once normal because of the lack of records we have.

With that said...

Does anyone realize the population increase in U.S alone?

More people = more drama/injuries.
More people = more Structures/damage.
More people = more reporting/media
Technology = easy to report and see damage

All this is normal guys, we just finally have the capability to see it and report it through internet, tv media, ect. And because of the population increase, percentages of us being in the way is so much higher now.

One last note: Pick a spot on the map in Tornado alley and think back 150 years. Do you think there were housing developments every square inch back then? Or buildings, car washes, McDonalds, Walmart, vehicles, ect ect ect. It used to be weather would just be changing our landscape but now we have people and structures in the way.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
I second this comment.

It's also been unusually hot this particular Spring, which leads to a more advanced Spring state earlier on, and thus tornado outbreaks occur earlier than usual. Last Spring of course had strong low pressure systems driven by a stronger than normal jet stream that provided the juice for tornado outbreaks, and it was a record year. So I can see how it can seem that both 2011 and 12 can appear unusually active, but there's nothing in 2012 to suggest an active season, just an early one, much less that the entire heartland is going to be ripped to shreds. Tornadoes, for all the destruction they can cause, have only very tiny areas that they destroy or damage. Even if it's a record-smashing year in the Great Plains, if you live there chances are you will not be damaged by a tornado.

Even if HAARP-driven weather control is a real phenomenon, and I don't think it is, tornadoes are just about the most inefficient way possible to depopulate a country or state, due to their tiny areas of destruction. Hurricanes, very strong non-tropical storms, and floods do a much better job. I believe we will be seeing more strong non-tropical storms in the future (indeed there has been a major uptick all over the world in recent years) due to global climate change towards a colder and stormier (and eventually drier) climate, but that has nothing to do with government weather control.
You mean "warmer" right? Something like 96% of climate scientists believe warmer, not colder.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
I don't think there's any trend towards a drier climate, either. More slightly wetter or about the same.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,004,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
You mean "warmer" right?
No. I meant just what I said. I am of the belief we are in the early stages of climate change towards a colder and stormier climate. During the early stages conditions will likely be as wet or wetter than the previous warm period, but eventually the climate will turn drier; this is the eventual state of global cooling, but that takes longer. The prime historical example is the progression from the floods and wetness of the early Little Ice Age to the middle and latter parts that featured lower precipitation. To be sure it has been warming for the last 30 years or so, and a longer-term trend of warming has been effect for the past 100 or 150 years, but I believe that is about to change, and is starting to change now. There has been a sharp turn towards colder weather all over the world especially in winter, sea levels have been falling, snowfall has been increasing in most places, including places where it would be decreasing in a warming climate (like for instance North Africa and Brazil), low pressure systems have greatly strengthened all over the world, and the jet stream continues to be much stronger than in most of the 20th century. All of this, including the heat waves that have been driven by the strong jet stream, suggest that global climate is transitioning towards that state I outlined (cold/stormy).

This is a weather forum, not a global climate or global warming forum, and it certainly is off from the purpose of this thread, so I don't care to debate the issue. I merely present and clarify my position. Let's get back to talking about and debating awesome weather events and the sort of weather we like and why we like it, the bread and butter of any weather forum .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Tornadoes