Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 AM

32 posts, read 132,039 times

Advertisements

Which company provides the most cost effective solution for residential cable internet in Toronto ?

I'll have an Apple TV converter which means large chunks of data to be downloaded. So, I think I would be in need of 50 kBits/sec plus 100 GB per month bandwith.

Does anyone have any experience with TekSavy ?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 AM

86 posts, read 400,855 times
I'm in Mississauga and use VIF Internet, which is based in Montréal. They are dirt cheap, provide decent service, and do not impose any bandwidth limits (only a soft cap is imposed starting at 100 GB, which you can read all about on their website - VIF Internet) so you always pay the same amount no matter how much stuff you download. I also have my VOIP phone through them, and although their phone service can be spotty at times (could be my line though), you get Caller ID with unlimited Canada/U.S. long distance included.

I've been with them continuously since 2007, kept them when I moved to Ontario, the price can't be beat, and I have yet to find a competitor that even comes close in terms of bang for the buck...

Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM

30 posts, read 137,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big GG View Post
Which company provides the most cost effective solution for residential cable internet in Toronto ?

I'll have an Apple TV converter which means large chunks of data to be downloaded. So, I think I would be in need of 50 kBits/sec plus 100 GB per month bandwith.

Does anyone have any experience with TekSavy ?

Thanks,
I use TekSavy DSL. I really don't have any issues. Setup was simple and quick.

There's lots of small guys offering service for cheap, at the end of the day its bell or rogers. Sometimes bell is just bad in your area, same goes for rogers.

If your going dryloop (no phone line), check the price. The service can be $24.99 a month, but you also may get hit with a $12 band fee. At $36/month, you can get the same type of service from a cable company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto